ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Kyiv
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Welcome Officer in its main delegation in Kyiv.
The Welcome Officer ensures that Welcome activities are organised smoothly, including coordination of pick-up / drop-off of ICRC staff and guests, travel arrangements, visas, official registration, and accommodation.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Ensures that staff and guests are met on arrival and brought to suitable accommodation (hotel, apartment, house).
- Interacts with relevant authorities (ministries, consulates, etc.) regarding certificates, visas, permits, registration, etc.
- Conducts regular random checks to make sure that accommodation is safe and suitable to live in; contacts the appropriate department(s) in case of problems.
- Organizes staff travel (plane, train, bus, etc.) by the most cost-effective means and, if required, coordinates drop-off at / pick-up from airports, stations, etc.
- Organizes communication flow between ICRC offices, sub-delegations, delegations and/or headquarters regarding staff travel.
- Keeps all appropriate databases up to date on staff members, missions/other travel, document validity, residences, and any other relevant information (schools, airlines, telephone numbers, etc.).
- Organizes Welcome files, business cards, briefing programmes and tours of the delegation for new arrivals.
- Organizes the Welcome side of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, an associate degree or equivalent higher-education degree in administration, travel industry, tourism, or similar field
- 4 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Very good skill in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel)
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 28 calendar days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 25/11/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)