ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Dnipro
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in affected countries by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000 field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Vinnytsyia, Lviv, Poltava, Donetsk, Luhansk and Odesa.
For more information, visit website: (link)
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Water and Habitat Engineer in its sub-delegation in Dnipro.
Water and Habitat Engineer plans, designs and implements engineering projects within the scope of the ICRC’s water and habitat assistance objectives with supervision and coaching from their hierarchical superior. S/he monitors on-site works, carries out needs assessments and surveys, and plans new projects. S/he has a close working relationship with external stakeholders related to their projects.
- Participates in the assessments, collecting and compiling technical information related to the rehabilitation and construction works.
- Prepares technical assessment of buildings and report through technical notes.
- preparations of products and services (incl.
- Participates in the preparation of contractual documents, including advertisement, detailing payment terms, selection of winning contractor through criteria, and organizing payment according to measured works and ensure procedures and confidentiality are respected.
- Supervises daily workers and contractors in order to ensure that minimum standards of construction works are respected and are acceptable.
- Familiarity with the standard norms and rules in construction (known as SniP, DSTU, DBN), knowledge of local techniques and requirements for construction.
- Coaches teams in the other ICRC offices, eg Odessa, Dnipro, Poltava on how to start new projects related to the rehabilitation and construction of civilian objects.
- Collaborates with Logistics Department, in particular when it comes to the quality evaluations of procured goods and construction materials.
- Provides information to their supervisor and project colleagues on stakeholder issues, security and site progress.
- Manages project purchasing on labor and materials according to the delegation’s logistical and financial rules.
- Creates and maintains paper or electronic files up-to-date.
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Education and professional qualifications
- University degree in civil or structural engineering, architecture or similar;
- 3-5 years’ professional work experience in construction or designing or similar field of activity;
- Excellent command (spoken and written) Russian and English languages.
- Proficient in the designing software (AutoCAD) and preparation of Bills of Quantities.
- Advanced knowledge of water and sanitation and/or construction engineering.
- Good computer literacy (Excel/Word), and MS Project Management Suite or equivalent.
- Experience managing 1
- 3 technical support staff;
- Genuine interest to work for the humanitarian sector;
- High level of motivation, commitment to accuracy;
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and taking initiatives;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- strong sense of responsibility;
- capacity to adhere to and to implement procedures;
- Ability to work methodically with demonstrated analytical skills;
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field;
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service attitude;
- Strong sense of autonomy and responsibility;
- good team player.
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply:
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 19/12/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)