ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Lviv
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Travel, events, and cash officer in its sub-delegation in Lviv.
Cashier is accountable for the physical processing of cash transactions and the integrity of physical cash balances in a (sub-)delegation, strictly respecting and applying the ICRC’s rules on financial management.
Ensures the Welcome activities such as pick-up/drop-off of ICRC staff and guests, travel arrangements, visas, permits, official registration and accommodation are organized.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Organizes Welcome and Administrative briefings for newcomers and visitors.
- Participates in organizing pick-up and accommodation (hotel, apartment, house) for staff and guests.
- Follows-up administrative registration with the Welcome office in Kyiv (regarding certificates, visas, permits, etc.)
- Helps organize staff travel (plane, train, bus, etc.) by the most effective costs/mean and, if required, coordinates drop-off at / pick-up from airports, stations, etc.
- Keeps all appropriate databases up to date on staff members, missions and other travel, document validity, residences, and any other relevant information (schools, airlines, telephone numbers, etc.).
- Organizes the Welcome side of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned.
- Handles the small petty cash for the Welcome purchases and payments.
- Handles the site’s cash disbursements and payments, including salaries and working advances.
- Prepares invoices for payment (by cash, check or bank transfer).
- Controls invoices prior to payments
- Keeps track of staff salary advances
- Carries out daily cash count and reconciliation.
- Handles cash replenishment from the bank
- Keeps a clean and regular filing of daily cash statements, daily workers payments, salary advances, working advances, etc.
- Ensures respect for financial procedures and guidelines and explains them to “clients”.
- Assists the Accountant in compiling, preparing and sending the monthly accounting documents.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A university degree or technical school degree in related field such as Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- 2-3 years of work experience in a related field
- Fluent command of English, fluent in written and spoken Ukrainian.
- Very Good computer skills, especially Word and Excel
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 28 calendar days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 30/11/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)