ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC Delegation in Odessa
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Cashier in its sub-delegation in Odesa.
The generalist interpreter translates and interprets between a local language (Ukraininan, Russian) to an ICRC official language (English) during during meetings with beneficiaries, the authorities and representatives of other organizations.
- Translates documents for internal purposes (letters, working papers, internal and external reports).
- Interprets for all operational departments (water and habitat, economic security, health, etc.) according to the needs during field trips and/or meetings.
- Gives information sessions to various audiences about the ICRC.
- Briefs ICRC staff on cultural sensitivity and appropriate behavior for the local context.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in translation, philology or relevant professional education from a recognized academic institution or equivalent.
- 1 year of proven experience in translation (preferably in journalism, publishing or an international organization).
- Interpretation experience would be an asset.
- B2 level in English. Ukrainian and Russian languages mandatory.
- IT proficiency.
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 1 February 2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)