European Stability Mechanism (ESM)
ESM HQ Luxembourg
Deadline for application: 17 November 2022
We are looking for a trainee to join the IT Corporate Systems team within the IT and Facilities Management division. The division aims to offer staff modern, state-of-the-art tools and systems to enhance productivity. Following the technical rollout of Microsoft 365, the selected candidate will help the institution implement and utilise the new functionalities to improve the way of working.
The ESM is the permanent crisis resolution mechanism for the countries of the euro area. In the context of the current Covid-19 crisis the ESM has established a precautionary credit line as one important element in the joint European response to the pandemic. During the euro crisis it has launched six financial assistance programmes for five countries, provided financial support, monitored repayment capacity, and engaged with partner institutions for programme design in areas of financial interest.
The ESM is a unique place to work with around 210 individuals committed to making a difference to the future of the euro area. The ESM recruits talented professionals of all nationalities from both the private and public sector.
During a six-month period, the selected candidate will closely collaborate with ESM colleagues to integrate Microsoft 365 at the ESM. More specifically, s/he will:
- Engage with end-users to understand, analyse, and document business needs;
- Actively investigate potential solutions with Microsoft 365 or other strategic systems of the ESM;
- Identify new approaches for change management and staff engagement;
- Develop user stories to enhance collaboration and staff/team productivity;
- Lead user exchange on useful improvements coming with new 365 releases;
- Collaborate with the team to coordinate on solution delivery.
- A candidate (or recent graduate within one year of graduation) for a university degree in Information Systems Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 tools, in particular Microsoft Power Automate would be an asset
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral
- Good analytical skills
- Solution- and customer-oriented
- Critical and innovative thinking
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn new topics
- Proactive attitude
APPLICATION PROCESS AND PRACTICAL INFORMATION
- Deadline for application: 17 November 2022
- Expected start date: January 2023
- Duration: six months
- Competitive allowance granted
Note: Please ensure your availability clearly appears on your cover letter.
The ESM aims to provide equal opportunity to all candidates irrespective of their gender, nationality, age, race, culture, education, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or disability. To further enhance the diversity of our workforce, we particularly encourage women to apply.