European Stability Mechanism (ESM)
ESM HQ Luxembourg
Deadline for application: 10 January 2023
We are looking for a trainee to assist the Facilities Management (FM) team in their duties during a period of six months. The trainee will also drive various assigned tasks and projects on tactical and operational levels. S/he will report to Head of IT and Operations.
The ESM is the permanent crisis resolution mechanism for the countries of the euro area. During the euro crisis, it launched six financial assistance programmes for five countries, providing financial support, monitoring repayment capacity, and engaging with partner institutions on programme design in areas of financial interest. As a policy institution, the ESM is also one of the big issuers of euro-denominated debt with a large global investor base. European leaders have agreed to an expanded mandate for the ESM, which it will implement next year. The ESM will act as the backstop for the Single Resolution Fund and have a stronger role in financial stability risk analysis and the design of policy measures in programmes jointly with the European Commission. In the context of the current Covid-19 crisis, the ESM has established a precautionary credit line as one important element in the joint European response to the pandemic.
The ESM is a unique place to work with around 220 individuals committed to making a difference to the future of the euro area. It recruits talented professionals of any nationality from both the private and public sector.
- Assist the Service Desk in providing internal client services (e.g.: respond to requests and incidents, assign tasks to team members and service providers, supervise delivery dates, internal communication, and “FM-marketing”, participate in relevant meetings, perform reporting and documentation tasks)
- Monitor and report on service providers (e.g. via meetings, follow-ups, ordering and invoice controlling, quality checks, planning of recurring tasks)
- Participate in projects such as requests for proposals, enhancement of tools and evolving ways of working, potential space modification initiatives, and management of internal events
- Assist in the management of inventory and space, including statistics and reporting (e.g. use of workspaces and other facilities, stock of supplies, key and badge management)
- Evaluate FM-related procedures and documentation, including suggesting improvements and supervising compliant way of working for the FM team
- Update tools and documentation (CAiFM / IWSM, AutoCAD, SharePoint, Oracle)
- Perform administrative tasks such as filing work sheets, proposals, and other documentation
KEY BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- You must have at least a completed a bachelor’s degree in a facility management field or a related engineering field. Successful completion of all relevant courses according to the university curriculum and entitlement for a work placement according to this curriculum is required.
- Fluent English (spoken and written) is a must, any other languages (especially French and German) are considered an asset
- Work experience in the field of Facilities Management or customer services is considered a strong asset, including previous traineeships
- Practical understanding of operational and tactical FM, especially related to the key accountabilities above
- Advanced MS Office skills, ServiceNow, AutoCAD, SharePoint, and ORACLE basics are considered an asset
- Service-oriented and hands-on mindset
- Analytical thinker, self-directed, diligent, and organized
- Curiosity about new ways of working and tools
- Ability to adjust communication to the audience (customer, service providers, team)
APPLICATION PROCESS AND PRACTICAL INFORMATION
- Deadline for application: 10 January 2023
- Expected starting date: February 2023
- Duration: 6 months with a possible extension for another 6 months
Note: Please make sure your availability clearly appears in your cover letter.
The ESM aims to provide equal opportunity to all candidates irrespective of their gender, nationality, age, race, culture, education, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability. To further enhance the diversity of our workforce, we particularly encourage women to apply.