International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
This position is being readvertised. Previous Candidates need not reapply.
The IMF Statistics Department (STA) has a vacancy in the Resource Management Division. The successful candidate will support the administration of STA’s capacity development program. STA delivers around 700 technical assistance and training activities annually on macroeconomic and financial statistics to support capacity development in the IMF’s member countries. Enhancing the quality and availability of statistics is essential for evidence-based policy making, aimed at macroeconomic stability and economic growth in member countries. Responsibilities will include: Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting STA economists in preparing project proposals and reporting for external donors, including budget preparation and monitoring.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and monitoring the capacity development budget implementation and participating in STA’s Medium-Term Budget exercise.
- Assisting and providing guidance to STA economists on general project management issues related to donor funded projects, including budget planning and implementation issues and compliance with the IMF’s Results Based Management.
- Promoting the effective use of technology and Fund systems in managing capacity development activities like the recently introduced Capacity Development Management and Administrative Program (CDMAP).
- Representing STA in interdepartmental working groups.
Educational development, typically acquired by the completion of an advanced university degree in business, finance, budgeting, accounting, statistics, computer science, or related field; or a university degree supplemented by a minimum of six years of relevant professional experience is required.
In addition to the above, the selected candidate must have a keen interest in institutional capacity-building and be able to contribute to a demanding change agenda and to adjust the work program to shifting demands for capacity development. The candidate should be innovative, be able to able to identify efficiency gains in the use of resources, and support the change to new IT systems, for example, by drafting new guidelines or revising processes. With a diverse portfolio, excellent time management skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate efficiently with colleagues in the team are essential for this job. As this position provides back-office support to economists in charge of capacity development projects, client orientation and a “can do” attitude are expected to support the smooth implementation of the capacity development program. Demonstrated ability to work with various financial and budgeting tools and to use IT efficiently to enhance project management processes are required, including proficiency with Microsoft software. Graphic design skills would be a plus.
This is a contractual appointment. Contractual appointments at the IMF are renewable for up to four years of cumulative contractual service, pending incumbent’s performance, budget availability and continuous business need.
STARM Statistics Department Resource Management Division
A09, A10, A11
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.