UNICEF - United Nations Children's Fund
Talent Roster for General Service Level Positions, UNICEF Sudan, Various Locations (Open to nationals of Sudan only)
Job no: 551106
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Location: Sudan Division/Equivalent: Amman(MENA)
Department/Office: Khartoum, Sudan
Categories: Human Resources, Information Communication Technology, Supply Management, Operations, Administration, Financial Management, Facilities Management, Transportation
For every child, Hope
Sudan, surrounded by the Central African Republic, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Libya and South Sudan, positioned next to East, West, South and North Africa, is surrounded by complex conflicts in an unpredictable, volatile and rapidly evolving region. Sudan is by size the third biggest country in Africa, with a diverse population of around 42 million people. Sudan’s children make up half of the total population, and the past two decades have seen their lives significantly improve: fewer girls and boys are dying before their fifth birthday, primary school attendance is increasing, immunization coverage is high and the country remains polio free. Still, millions of children continue to suffer from protracted conflict in Darfur, the Kordofans, and Blue Nile, from seasonal natural disasters, malnutrition and disease outbreaks, and from under-investment in basic social services. More than three million of Sudan’s school aged children are not in the classroom. UNICEF has been in Sudan since 1952 and continues with a presence in 12 of Sudan’s 18 states.
(link) How can you make a difference?
UNICEF develops rosters of qualified candidates to accelerate recruitment and filling of future vacant positions. The organization requires a number of staff positions to support programme implementation in the coming months. This is to solicit interests of candidates meeting the basic requirements at the mid-General Service level. The applicants meeting the requirements in areas requiring placement will be contacted for further assessment.
Functions to be included in this national talent roster exercise include:
Finance and Budget Management
Procurement, Supply and Logistics
Partnership Management and Donor Relations
Programme Implementation Support including Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Health and Nutrition
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
Communication and Advocacy
Social and Behavior Change
As an applicant, you should meet the following minimum requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of studies
- A minimum of five years of work experience in the relevant functional domain (s)
- Relevant experience in the United Nations, International NGOs, or a well-established entity in the private sector is considered as an asset.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong office management skills.
- High attention to detail and good analytical skills
Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Computer skills: Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Core Values (CRITAS)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Drive to achieve impactful results
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Applying technical expertise
- Planning and organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background.
General Service Roster TOR.docx
- This roster development exercise is only open to nationals of Sudan.
- Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- This recruitment campaign is part of the efforts to identify national talent in Sudan for positions that may be available in the future. No immediate placement is guaranteed and potentially suitable applicants may be contacted for further assessment guided by UNICEF Staff Selection policy.
- This recruitment campaign may be used to foster gender parity within the UNICEF Sudan’s workforce.
UNICEF DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). UNICEF DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Advertised: May 17 2022 E. Africa Standard Time Application close: Dec 31 2022 E. Africa Standard Time