IFRC - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
IFRC in Yaoundé, Cameroon
Strategic Engagement and Partnerships (SEP) Officer
Jobnumber : S02171
Contract Type : Employee
Closing date : 01-Oct-2022
Posting Start Date : 18-Sep-2022
Location : CAMEROON
Duty Station : Central Africa Country Cluster, Yaounde
Duty Station Status : N/A
Duration : 04
Accompanied Status : N/A
Grade : Not applicable
To provide grant management and coordination of funding in CCST Yaounde Cluster (Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Sao tome Principe). Support the IFRC’s staff on resource mobilisation, development of quality proposals and research of funding opportunities, and grant management. Support the National Societies with resource mobilisation and grant management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
In close coordination with the HoD, Head of department and SEP Africa Unit the post-holder will:
- Undertake fundraising and resource development for IFRC’s programmes
- Research, analyse and advise on potential new funding opportunities and partners
- Undertake effective negotiation with National Societies, multilaterals, private sector organizations and other donors to secure pledges and grants
- Take the lead in coordination and writing of specific funding proposals, including acting as close liaison with National Societies, technical teams, delegations to ensure quality
- Ensure effective grant management, monitoring, donor compliance and risk management
- Organize and facilitate partner conference calls and take an active role in preparation and delivery of partnership meetings
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
7. Track and analyse emergency appeal and operational plan coverage, lead and coordinate actions to be taken to increase coverage, and provide regular updates and recommendations to management
8. Process all pledges properly and in a timely manner, ensuring pledges reflecting agreed criteria are shared with donors and understood by relevant budget holders
9. Provide technical advice, guidance and capacity building to National Societies on domestic resource mobilisation, in close cooperation with the National Society Development team
10. Travel when required to support National Societies, facilitate donor visits and events, attend meetings
Any other duty as required by the Head of Delegation or Head of Strategic Engagement and Partnerships
- University degree in relevant discipline (ex. g. International Relations, Marketing, Humanitarian Affairs, Business Administration, Economics, Finance).
- Masters’ degree in relevant discipline (ex. g. International Relations, Marketing, Humanitarian Affairs, Business Administration, Economics, Finance).
- Relevant professional training courses (Red Cross/Red Crescent related, humanitarian and development sector, management).
- At least 5 years relevant experience in managing relations with donors and partners.
- Experience of working with multilateral partners e.g. European Commission, development banks, specialised funds.
- Experience of developing and implementing funding plans
- Experience of developing winning funding proposals and grant applications
- Experience of managing complex, major grants.
- Work experience with Red Cross Red Crescent, other international organizations, large NGOs and/or governmental development agencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Excellent project management and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate funding agreements, to structure financial instruments, and to navigate complex funding mechanisms.
- Ability to navigate complex funding instruments and requirements.
- Outstanding networking, representational, communication and negotiation skills contributing to a client-focused culture.
- Experience in identifying and articulating issues, risks and priorities that need to be brought to the attention of senior management.
- Proven ability of donor communications, proposals and reporting.
- Track record in producing high quality work within short deadlines and ability to make effective, timely decisions.
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels.
- Highly organised, with ability to work a strong team player.
- Ability to coordinate with teams based in different geographic locations.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multilingual, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills.
- Strong budgeting and finance management skills.
- Demonstrated skills in analytical and strategic thinking.
- Track record in producing high quality work under short deadlines and ability to manage competing priorities under pressure.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and French.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French
- Proven grant management skills.
Competencies and Values
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability.
Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust.
Functional competencies: Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others