ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Dnipro
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
Staff Health Officer
Based in Dnipro
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in affected countries by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000 field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence in Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Staff Health Officer in Dnipro.
Staff Health Officer 1 is the focal point for all matters relating to the health of ICRC staff in the delegation. In line with ICRC staff health strategy and in collaboration with medical personnel on the spot, s/he promotes and maintains the physical and mental health of ICRC staff. S/He implements the staff health strategy in seven identified domains: 1. Staff health policy; 2.Prevention; 3. Health care and medical emergencies; 4. Stress management and crisis situations; 5. Health insurances; 6. Management of medical information; 7. Monitoring, assessment and feedback.
- Carries out Staff Health briefings for all new ICRC staff
- Assesses and supervises living conditions in the delegation and all sub-sites, promotes general hygiene standards (eg housing, use of mosquito nets, water filters, hygiene standards of cooks and cleaners, nutritional advice).
- Evaluates the medical structures available and quality of services provided; identifies and monitors services for the referral and treatment of ICRC staff.
- Provides advice and support to ICRC staff with health problems.
- Provides advice on the medical needs of ICRC staff during transportation and coordinates medical evacuations from the field to the capital liaising with Staff Health Unit in Kyiv Compiles guidelines and procedures to be followed during the medical evacuation of personnel from the field or out of the country.
- Implements and supervises staff health policies at all sites under Dnipro Sub Delegation (DNI SD)
- Implements and follows up on ICRC stress policy.
- Collects accurate and reliable data on illnesses, accidents, and absenteeism, with a view to providing statistics on illnesses and the medical risks taken by all staff.
- Reviews medical invoices for anonymization and approval of medical expenses.
- Reports to delegation management and provides feedback and recommendations on issues related to the staff’s health.
- Carries out defusing and creates peer support groups following critical incidents in the field; follows up if further intervention is required.
Education and professional qualifications
- Medical Doctor with minimum 3 years of clinical experience or registered nurse
- Ukrainian national and resident of Dnipro (preferable)
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian
- Experience in mental health, stress management;
- experience in medical evacuation and transportation;
- Knowledge of tropical health and public health systems;
- Proficiency with MS-Office and internet tools;
- Rigorous and precise analytical and management skills;
- Willing to travel up to 50% of their time
- Respect the medical confidentiality strictly
- Respect of medical professional regulations
- Flexible and high level of tolerance
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Capacity to adhere to and to implement procedures.
- good communication skills.
- good negotiation skills
- Able to work in an austere environment involving field trips.
- Ability to work methodically with demonstrated analytical skills.
- Rigor, method and analytical skills
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work for the world’s oldest and unique humanitarian organization
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Exciting professional development and stimulating benefits package
- A full-time resident position based in our sub delegation in Dnipro
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter by 05/02/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No queries by phone please.