ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Donetsk
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Staff Health Administrative Assistant in its sub-delegation in Donetsk.
Staff Health Administrative Assistant is mainly responsible for providing Staff Health administrative activities/support to the Staff Health Unit in sub-delegation, Donetsk.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Supports Staff Health Unit in management of renewables and drugs for staff health use and places Supply Orders, interacts with Logistics and monitors delivery.
- Supports ICRC staff in setting medical appointments, interprets during medical appointments upon the request of the Staff Health Officers 1 or 2. Provides written translation of the medical documentation form Russian or Ukrainian upon the request of the Staff Health Officers 1 or 2.
- Executes administrative procedure related to accidents and occupational disease cases as per the ICRC institutional guidelines.
- Provides administrative procedures related to the health coverage, accident and occupational disease coverage.
- Receives and processes bills, prepares them for payment, ensures coding of the individual cases as per the ICRC F&A Manual (through the internal Excel tool).
- Maintains the â€œDelegation employees-medical fees-detailed overviewâ€ spreadsheet, shares its non-confidential part with the relevant internal interlocutors (Finances, HR).
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent training in related field ( Pharmacy background preferred)
- Excellent command of English
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint and IBM Lotus Notes.
- Two years’ experience in a secretarial position.
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 days vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 31/01/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)