IMF - International Monetary Fund
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
We are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals with excellent writing, office management, and computer skills for various contractual Staff Assistant positions at our headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Your tasks may include, but will not be limited to:
- Proofreading and formatting correspondence, research papers, and reports using a specific style guide;
- Managing paper and electronic information flow;
- Organizing virtual, in-person, and hybrid meetings, conferences, and/or seminars at headquarters and overseas;
- Handling the logistics for virtual and in-person staff missions (travel arrangements, security clearances, virtual meetings, etc.);
- Providing general office support, such as ordering office supplies, and assist staff with various administrative matters;
- Maintaining multiple calendars and scheduling appointments/meetings.
You must reside in the local Washington, D.C. area to be eligible for these positions. You should be able to provide first-class administrative support, be detail-oriented, and possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills. You should be able to communicate with officials and staff at all levels. You should also have the ability to handle multiple tasks and switch gears at a short notice in a fast-paced environment. In addition, we are looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree or a high school diploma with two years’ (cumulative full-time) work experience in a similar administrative capacity;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent writing and computer skills, and the ability to pass a test of office skills given in English;
- Fluency in another language such as Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish is preferred but not required.
We value diverse backgrounds, experiences and talents that the Staff Assistants bring to their roles, and we offer a hybrid work schedule and the ability to work in a truly diverse work environment.
The successful completion of an online assessment is required for all staff/administrative assistants positions at the Fund.
Candidates who meet the pre-selection criteria can be invited for the assessment. Once you receive the assessment link, you will have 10 days to complete it. The test itself will take approximately 50 minutes to complete. Based on the results of the online assessment, you could be invited to a virtual preliminary interview. After successful completion of the interview process, your file will be placed in the pipeline of staff assistants who can be invited for interviews for specific positions by hiring managers. This is essentially the main point of entry for all staff assistants at the Fund. If you have already completed the online assessment or were interviewed for the “pipeline”in the past year, you do not need to reapply.
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.