International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
In accordance with the job standards, the successful candidate will provide the full range of administrative and secretarial assistance to the divisional staff. She/he will work under the general supervision of the Division Chief/Deputy Division Chiefs, and the Senior Administrative Assistant, to assist in ensuring the smooth functioning of the Division. She/he will also be responsible for the quality and timeliness of the work assigned to her/him:
- the production of complex documents (such as technical assistance reports, FSAP and FSSR documents, mission briefs and BTOs) with strict formatting requirements incorporating multiple tables and charts in Excel and Word.
- help review and implement the evolving administrative processes related to management of capacity development (CD);
- oversee management of HQ briefings for MCM’s Long-term experts; support organization of the annual LTX workshop and other CD events;
- manage on a timely basis a large volume of review items sent for inter-and intra-departmental review. S/he will support MCMTA management and country managers/staff and be responsible for a large volume of document management.
The successful candidate is expected to take over the responsibilities of the Senior Administrative Assistant in the latter’s absence.
E ducational development, typically acquired by the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by a minimum of four years of relevant experience, is required.
In addition to the minimum qualifications set forth in the job standards, the successful candidate should have:
- Excellent organizational, and administrative skills, including proven ability to deliver on short deadlines, prioritize activities, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and a demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision, under pressure to meet the demands of an evolving workload.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team, and previous experience working across organizational units/divisions.
- Display a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow through.
- Sound judgment and tact in handling contacts with staff at all levels, and utmost discretion in handling confidential matters.
- A thorough knowledge of Fund organization and administrative policies and procedures, and knowledge of MCM procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with ability to handle large word documents and perform operations in excel, including editing charts and tables.
- Proficiency in using the major Fund IT applications, and an ability to leverage technology to improve work practices and communication flows.
Only candidates who are currently residing in the Washington DC metro area will be considered.
This vacancy shall be filled by a 3-year Term appointment in accordance with the Fund’s new employment rules that took effect on May 1, 2015.
MCMTA Monetary and Capital Markets Dept. Technical Assistance Strategy
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.