Specialist, Financial Analytics – GL D – Temporary Contract until December 2023
Reporting to the “Manager, Secretariat Financial Process Optimization” the “Specialist, Financial Analytics” focuses on the following key areas:
- Development and implementation of data models, databases & analytics based solutions. Function as a focal point for the elaboration of business needs for system improvements including analytics and modelling, reporting dashboards and leading testing and roll-out in close collaboration with different stakeholders such as IT and the Secretariat.
- Drive efforts to enhance the consistency and integrity of data across different financial and non-financial systems. They perform and document consistency-checks periodically on the accuracy and completeness of Finance data for management and governance reporting purposes. They lead the coordination within Finance & Administration to ensure that corrective measures are implemented in a timely manner.
- Manage and coordinate the efforts to embed and implement best-in-class data governance policies and procedures, leveraging the central Data Governance Committee, and developing F&A specific procedures where necessary following a thorough consultative process.
- Lead the establishment and operationalization of a “Finance Innovation Lab – FIL” to consolidate and pilot ideas related to process optimization, business development and operational efficiency delivered using technology and digital capabilities.
Under the oversight of the Manager, Secretariat Financial Process Optimization, the Specialist, Financial Analytics is mainly responsible for:
- Data Governance:
- Define and promote scalable and sustainable data governance and data management policies within F&A to align and better coordinate the sharing and use of financial and non-financial data.
- Work closely with the central Data Governance Committee to promote the establishment of unified guidance for use and communication of financial data to be used internally (within the Global Fund) and externally (AFC, Board, Donors, etc.)
- Support data owners & data stewards in ensuring consistency and integrity of financial data (methodology used, period reported, etc) and related analyses presented to internal or external bodies through reports generated by other Global Fund teams
- They will perform continuous and periodic data consistency checks and automate these to the extent possible
- Promote the use of data governance best practices specifically tailored to the F&A department.
Support delivery of Financial Process Optimization workstreams:
- Lead efforts to establish robust data integration between different enterprise systems such as the CDW, GOS, etc and across databases such as with C19RM, Pulse Checks, etc.
- Based on prioritized workstreams for SFPO (emerging from Finance Innovation Labs and otherwise) play a lead role in their implementation with close collaboration with IT, internal stakeholders and external consultants where necessary.
- Support data quality activities by provision of data consistency rules to the Data Governance Committee. Review of exception reports for F&A to implement corrective measures and support with subsequent monitoring of corrective measures implementation.
Ad hoc strategic financial analyses / financial data requests:
- Support senior management & finance leadership with regular and ad-hoc generation of insights through the use of financial and non-financial data to support decision making & operational efficiency.
Subject to change by the Executive Director at any time at their sole discretion.
- Advanced Degree in Finance (Masters in Finance or MBA Finance) or accounting qualification (professional qualification such as a Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Financial Analyst, Fédération des Experts-Comptables Européens).
- Advanced certification in data science
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis or data management obtained within an top-tier consulting firm, bilateral or multilateral aid agency, government department, industry or a commercial or investment bank
- Management of complex set of data generated from different sources and perform value added analyses for decision making
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of ERP and Finance systems (such as Oracle and Hyperion) and ability to communicate on financial matters with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in data modelling and integration
- Experience in leading data analytics projects independently from idea generation to change management
- Knowledge of the internal control and financial reporting requirements to multiple stakeholders (government, multiple donors, etc.)
- Experience of working within an international or regional sphere of activity, particularly in the developing world
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated professional experience supporting financial transformations from a business perspective.
Languages: An excellent knowledge of English and preferably a good working knowledge of French. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- Global Fund awareness and mindset
- Service orientation
- Drive for results
- Analytical: Understanding of analytical techniques related to assessment of quantitative and qualitative information.
- Audit & Investigation: Knowledge of and attentiveness to any signs of ineffectiveness, fraud, corruption or abuse of human rights in the Global Fund’s operation.
- Business: Understanding the organizational and business mechanisms; operating knowledge of pragmatic and practical solutions that help translating ideas into specific plans, goals and KPIs within the Global Fund.
- Due Diligence: Ensuring an appropriate spend of money by means of making informed decisions and initiating actions only after investigating all facts, conditions, rules, laws, regulations, financial considerations, or any other such matters.
- Finance: Knowledge/awareness of financial and accounting aspects related to the Global Fund’s services.
- Multicultural understanding: Sensitivity to multicultural differences and general awareness of how they impact cooperation, ability to use it in cooperation with partners representing other cultures.
- Operational policy: Knowledge of the Global Fund operational policies related to grant cycle.
- Risk: Knowledge of the risk management process: identification, aggregation, mitigation, monitoring and reporting of the risks associated with a grant making Organization that operates in high risk & challenging operating environments.
- Data modelling, analytics and integration
Experience working with Business Intelligence software such as Tableau
Experience working with Python or similar statistical packages to manipulate data and draw insights.
Robust understanding of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) capabilities and techniques
- Data Governance
Robust understanding of data governance best practices, techniques and approaches
The Global Fund recruits top-tier talent for our open positions, in support of our mission to end AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics.
Explore our vacancies and apply on the Global Fund Careers recruitment system.
More information on working at the Global Fund is available on the Careers section of our main website.
Job Posting End Date
02 August 2022