The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria
The Global Fund in Geneva, Switzerland
Specialist, Data and Analytics Solution Hub – GL D – Defined Duration until December 2025
To manage for impact, the Grant Management Division (GMD) must have high quality data available in the right form for those who are making key decisions. Grant Management Division is the largest Global Fund division and in charge of the day-to-day operations as well as providing support to implementers. The Data and Analytics Solutions Hub (DASH) is responsible for providing data and analytical support to the Grant Management Division in response to grant management-related business questions to enable the strategic use of high-quality data for better decision making. The Specialist, Data and Analytics Solution Hub is a top performing young professional, eager to drive his/her work with ownership and drive the journey of data and analytics for the Grant Management Division, energized by the mission of the Global Fund and the opportunity to learn and grow professionally. The Specialist, Data and Analytics Solution Hub is responsible for grant management-related:
- End to end analytic project management
- Lead independently GMD Business Intelligence from end-to-end from design, implementation, delivery, continuous enhancement and change management;
- Grand management data and analytics to ensure data and insight is at the center of the decisions making process;
- Respond independently to requests from across the organization for data and analytics support as capacity allows (from data preparation, to analysis presentation to both internal and external stakeholders)
- GMD Survey management;
- Data governance and documentation on behalf of GMD; and Data stewardship to support to IT for data integration In addition, the Specialist undertakes analyses and other activities related to corporate initiatives at the request of the DASH manager. S/he works closely with Business owners, process owners and data owners and stewards from other divisions, departments and data users from other departments, such as Country Teams, Operational Efficiency, Strategic Information, Program Finance, External Relations, and the Strategy and Policy Hub. S/he supports the Manager, DASH to collaborate with IT in defining the structure of the data architecture and data model related to grant data to ensure they meet the needs of grant business users. S/he will be responsible for undertaking analyses to support decision making for GMD senior management and operational governance bodies. This position requires attention to detail and structured thinking combined with a mind-set of continuous improvement and results-orientation to ensure that a high level of quality is achieved in both data management and data analysis. In addition, this position requires extremely strong stakeholder management and project management. S/he will contribute to the functioning of the Grant Portfolio Solutions and Support Department.
The Specialist, Data and Analytics Solution Hub is responsible for setting up and carrying out independent analytics and ad-hoc requests under the supervision of the Manager, DASH.
For Grant Management, the Specialist is responsible for: Grant Management Business Intelligence
- Provide independent and proactive thought leadership on what business intelligence and analytics are needed to inform timely decision making for Grant Management Country Teams and Leadership;
- Lead independent data requests and analytics.
- Proactively design and deliver continuous enhancement on the maintenance and improvement of Grant Management business intelligence tools, specifically DnA platform. Direction encompasses the entire DnA lifecycle from design wireframe and business requirements, coordination with data owners and IT, testing, implementation, and driving adoption; and
- Upon request of Manager, DASH, oversee contractors.
Grant Management Analytics
- Engage with various GMD country team members and leaders to understand the problems they have and propose analyses to answer key business questions;
- Design and deliver compelling presentations appropriate for senior management using advanced business analytics to provide insight into how Grant Management can improve its process operations and programmatic and performance;
- Extract and analyze data for key organizational and strategic initiatives and at the request of other business users or partners as resources allow;
- Design, implement and analyze surveys and models for grant management; and
- Manage and deliver Analytics and AI for maximizing the grant portfolio performance.
Data governance and data documentation
- Upon request of the Data Governance Council or Manager, Data and Analytics, draft or review corporate data governance and management regulations, processes, procedures, and standards;
- Collect information and track grant management compliance with data governance and data management regulations, processes, procedures, and standards;
- Act as a secondary data focal point for GMD as a backup of the Manager, DASH.
Data management and integration to IT systems
- Upon request of the Manager, DASH, contribute to the design of the corporate data model in coordination with IT, including participating in reviewing the data relationships, mapping and definitions and reviewing the Logical and Conceptual Data Models;
- Define meaningful metrics for GMD that need to be integrated to IT systems such as corporate data warehouse;
- Review all GMD-related data releases and changes to ensure compliance with data management regulations, procedures and standards adequate controls over and change impact on any GMD business intelligence such DnA dashboards;
- Actively participate to the organizational effort to improve Grant management data quality through DnA needs, data quality workshop and data quality policy development. Upon request of the Manager, DASH undertake grant data quality monitoring and feedback issues to relevant data owners to drive ongoing improvements.
- Act as a key partner for the IT Department on matters related to GMD data and integration.
At the request of the Head, Grant Portfolio Solutions and Support or the Manager, Data and Analytics Solution Hub, undertake additional tasks to allow GPS to flexibly respond to evolving priorities or urgent needs of the Global Fund.
Subject to change by the Executive Director at any time at his sole discretion.
Essential: University degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Information Technology, Public Policy, Public Health, or other relevant fields.
- 2 years in top consulting firm
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including in data analytics, data management or some related field.
- Certification in Tableau for business intelligence
- Experience with common statistical programming packages (SPSS, SAS, STATA, R)
- Strong experience in AI, data transformation and Internet of Things (nice to have) to unlock the true value of data and drive performance by delivering to the business insights to maximize grant portfolio performance and trigger actions to fix trajectory.
- Demonstrate experience dealing with ambiguity and change and delivering on tight timelines in rapid evolving environment
- Significant experience in preparing high quality, professional document to senior audiences
- Significant experience in training users to drive data and analytic usage
- Experience working in an international environment with various cultures and backgrounds
- Project and stakeholder management
- High professional oral and written communication
- At least 2 years of high performance at top management consulting firm
- Experience undertaking statistical analysis using common statistical programming package;
- Experience inputting into the data architecture and data model design from a business perspective;
- Hands-on experience of Global Fund grants and data systems, within the Secretariat, as a Recipient, a Local Fund Agent or a partner organization;
- Experience in predictive analysis;
- Supplier management
- Modeling: ability to develop rigorous, yet user-friendly models for analytics in Excel or other programs;
- Statistical analysis using common statistical programming package (such as SPSS or R)
- Excellent PowerPoint competency;
- Data visualization (especially on Tableau, and MS Azure)
- Survey design, implementation and analysis/interpretation;
- Business intelligence design and development;
- Data preparation;
- Data architecture and data model knowledge
- Data governance – including data management, data quality, data processes and policies
- Structured and critical thinking to solve problems
- Sound judgment and timely decision making, based on rigorous analysis
- Interpersonal diplomacy and influencing skills
- Results and detail orientation
- Service delivery mentality
- Service Orientation
- Drive for results
- Global Fund Awareness & Mind-set
- Adaptability and resilience
- Analytical (level 3)
- Business (level 2)
- IT (level 2)
- Operational Policy (level 1)
- Project management (level 3)
- Stakeholder management (level 2)
The Global Fund recruits top-tier talent for our open positions, in support of our mission to end AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics.
Explore our vacancies and apply on the Global Fund Careers recruitment system.
More information on working at the Global Fund is available on the Careers section of our main website.
Job Posting End Date
02 February 2023