Main purpose of position
Provide communication support for ICARDA’s social media activities.
- Assist with the planning, drafting, and posting of social media posts and campaigns;
- Assist with the social media calendar and scheduling;
- Help to develop compelling email alerts and newsletters and supporting the team in their use of the email marketing tool (MailChimp);
- Perform twice-daily sweep of watch-lists, news, alerts, trends, top stories, etc. across our tools to produce content suggestions for social media outputs;
- Respond to social media messages, and monitoring reactions on our social media platforms/forwarding them to the relevant unit;
- Help source and develop visuals for general communications purposes;
- Help build and review paid advertising audience lists on ;
- Support the team at live and online events;
- Identify relevant handles, hashtags and tags for social media posts;
- Advise the team on new social media techniques, tools, and model digital campaigns;
- Help collect and analyse metrics across ICARDA digital activities;
- Manage the ICARDA Flickr and YouTube channels;
- Create basic drafts in English and Arabic for short news alerts and event pages on the website;
- Upload general content on the ICARDA website.
Essential qualifications and competencies
- Must be currently enrolled in a University or Graduate School and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies, or alternatively, have completed their university studies within the past six months;
- Up to 1 year of experience in social media;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- National of an Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development;
- MemberState (link)?pageId=129&mid=235
- High level of Arabic and English (oral and written);
- Fluency in social media platforms: , , Instagram, , and YouTube.
Desirable qualifications and competencies
- Hootsuite (or similar)
- Mailchimp (or similar) for newsletters
- Live and similar on other channels
- Alert software (news/google alerts/tags/mentions)
- Paid advertising – FB Manager/AdWords
- Google analytics
The successful candidate will be offered a paid internship based on local rates of Country of origin with initial duration of 6 months, and potential for longer based on performance. Presence in Cairo, Egypt is preferred but the position can be remote if the candidate is located outside of Cairo and/or Egypt.
Please apply online by 12 September 2021. Applications will still be considered until the position is filled.
ICARDA is committed to increasing women representation in its workforce and strongly encourages applications from women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but due to the high number of applications we apologise in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Office ICARDA Cairo