OSCE - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
General Minimum Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management cycle;
- Proven experience in monitoring, reporting, advocacy and capacity-building with civil society, youth, women and/or non-majority communities’ participation;
- Demonstrable organisational, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following: Education: First-level university degree in political sciences, social sciences, international relations, public policy, law, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
Experience: Minimum six years of relevant professional experience in either public administration, relevant international organizations, civic associations (including NGOs), or economic and political development.
Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements: Mandatory:
- Previous relevant work experience on issues relating to civil society, women, youth and non-majority community participation as a component of democratic governance preferably in international environment and/or experience in field mission;
- Project management experience;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills in English language;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Cultural sensitivity and judgement;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and within limited time frames; and
- Ability to operate windows applications, including word processing and e-mail.
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and the ability to drive using manual transmission is a requirement for this post. New Hires will be required to pass an OMIK administered driving test using a manual transmission vehicle within six months of assuming the post ‘and be able to confidently self drive’
Desirable: Knowledge of the local language or most common lingua franca spoken in the mission area; Negotiation/mediation experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Public Participation Section, Democratization Department, should you be the selected candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and analysis on issues related to civil society, youth, women and non-Albanian participation as a component of democratic governance and recommends interventions to the Section;
- Advising on, developing, and implementing projects aimed at supporting cross-cutting issues on civil society, youth, women, and non-Albanian public participation;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the Department’s cross-cutting themes of civil society, youth, women, non-Albanian community participation;
- Establishing and maintaining regular contact with civil society organizations, women’s caucuses, youth action councils and non-Albanian community representatives;
- Co-ordinating with and advises the field on issues related to civil society, youth, women and non-Albanian participation;
- Conducting research and delivers recommendations on public participation for the Section and the Department accordingly;
- Drafting report and recommendations based on information provided by the Section and the field;
- Co-operating and coordinating project and activities with international partners;
- Participating in the Department’s and Section’s policy making processes;
- Representing the Section in meetings, seminars and/or conferences;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: (link)-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see (link)-competency-model
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities well in advance of the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered. The OSCE can only process Secondment applications that have been nominated by participating States.
For queries relating to your application, please refer to the respective delegation as listed here: (link)
- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: PUB00000R
- Contract Type: International Secondment
- Grade: S2
- Job Level: Senior Professional
- Job Type: Seconded
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Issue Date: Oct 31, 2022
- Closing Date: Dec 12, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
- Job Field: Democratization
- Target Start Date: Feb, 01 2023