European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Operations & Service Management
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Senior Officer, PODD is responsible for supporting procurement activities. The Senior Officer will contribute to the development and implementation of procurement processes that generate cost and operationally effective contracts for the EBRD
PODD provides the Bank’s staff with services in all areas of the Bank, HQ and ROs related to procurement for the daily operation of the Bank as well as the consultancy services required to provide critical expertise in delivering the Bank’s mandate. PODD is required to ensure the continuing optimal efficiency, cost effectiveness and timely completion of procurement processes to support the Bank in the most efficient use of available funding and high quality delivery of its mandate. Protecting the Bank’s reputation as counterparty, PODD must deliver while meeting the requirements of transparency, fairness and accountability in the entire procurement and contract implementation processes.
PODD adds value through appropriate, timely and effective procurement and through active contract / supplier management and an ongoing assessment of value for money, working closely with internal clients to deliver a continuous improvement approach to procurement and supplier management activities, and maintain up-to-date market knowledge in order to respond to both new requirements and to identify opportunities for enhanced value for money. PODD works with Procurement Policy & Advisory Department (PPAD) to ensure a common approach is taken by the Bank to procurement undertaken by the Bank’s clients and for the Bank’s own requirements.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Under the guidance of PODD management the Senior Officer PODD is responsible for:
- Provide demand driven operational support across all categories of procurement that represent best practice procurement, respond to operational needs and comply with the Bank’s Policy, Directive and Procedures;
- Support direct and low value/low complexity sourcing requirements.
- Undertake low value/low complexity contracting both on the Bank’s standard terms or using supplier terms.
- Provide support on high value/high complexity procurement processes. e.g. analysis of bids received from suppliers under guidance of senior team members.
- Maintain effective and professional working relationships with internal stakeholders and where relevant participate in project teams established to manage specific procurement projects.
- Provide support to the analysis of spend data.
- Contribute to the collation and review of market data in relation to specific procurement projects
- Validation of data in SMART and analysis of data integrity checks (D&B, Worldcheck etc.)
- Provide documentation and logistics support during procurement events and to support PODD’s participation in internal governance processes (e.g. Grant Review, ITGC etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise.
- Skilled in organising, scheduling, planning and co-ordinating own work with a degree of initiative and judgement, reliability, resourcefulness and flexibility to perform a variety of tasks and set priorities, with a good sense of time management and the ability to re-organise workload when faced with changing priorities;
- Numeric and Concern for Accuracy – proven numeric ability with the capacity to ensure a high degree of accuracy and quality in work delivered is essential;
- Results Orientation – self-motivated individual able to set goals and priorities;
- Communication Skills – ability to communicate at all levels, both in written and verbal formats. Proven report writing and drafting skills as well as a pleasant and efficient telephone manner;
- Interpersonal Skills – able to understand, respect and respond appropriately, using tact, patience and diplomacy, to the behaviour, concerns and motives of counterparts (internal client and external suppliers);
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues with discretion, and instill trust in counterparts;
- Team Player – committed to supporting the achievements of PODD’s mission and objectives and the willingness to put the goal of the Department before personal goals, and build effective, cooperative relationships with immediate team members to foster an efficient approach based on mutual knowledge sharing;
- Acting with fiduciary responsibility and integrity;
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.