IDB2667 – Senior Manager – Fund Development & Management
Business Unit: ITFC
Division: Not Applicable
Department: Not Applicable
Contract type: Conditional Regular (Indefinite) Employment
Country: Saudi Arabia
Location: Saudi Arabia – Jeddah
Closing date: 12-Sep-2021
SECTION I: JOB PURPOSE:
This role is responsible for setting the direction of the Asset Management team in line with ITFC strategic objectives. This involves setting up funds and articulating ITFC investment philosophy. This role will also be responsible for establishing a framework of research and analytics to support efficient asset allocation and superior fund performance, in line with the developmental objectives of ITFC.
SECTION II: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the team reporting to this role by evaluating performance of team members, providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching them to ensure ongoing capability development
- Developing and implementing of ITFC’s funds strategy, standard procedures and methodology starting from declaring the fund objectives, identifying investors, structuring the funds and overseeing its day-to-day performance.
- Building in-depth knowledge on trade funds, observing the market developments, and identifying innovative opportunities for the establishment of Trade Funds.
- Sourcing and managing high level relationships with investors and other 3rd parties involved in the fund life cycle.
- Driving the approval procedure by the relevant Sharia’h Board / Advisor.
- Recommending the launch and management of Funds for ITFC, IDB Group, member countries or any external investor.
- Collaborating with Risk Management to identify the risk for ITFC involved in setting up funds.
- Conducting quarterly reviews of fund performance and ensuring that the asset allocation strategy aligned with the overall objectives of the Asset Management function.
- Monitoring fund performance and planning and formulating exit strategies to maximise fund performance.
- Reviewing and recommending the selection of staff / fund managers.
- Monitoring and managing all funds in ITFC’s portfolio and escalating any issues regarding the fund, if required.
- Ensuring that a regular reporting is established that meets the funds’ reporting requirements.
- Ensuring that ITFC funds operate in accordance with the relevant agreements & regulations.
- Holding road shows to market ITFC trade funds effectively among potential investors.
- Participating and providing inputs in various Control and Action/Advisory committees, as applicable to the role.
SECTION IV: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Masters Degree or professional qualifications in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, or other relevant Quantitative Field
- Relevant professional certificates, such as CFA, CA or CTP, are preferred
- English and French/Arabic are compulsory
- A third IDB working language French/Arabic is preferable
Years of Experience:
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Office ISDB Jeddah