Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
Senior HR Officer – Talent Management
Office location: Basel
Department: General Secretariat
Unit: Human Resources
Service: Employment – Duration: 3 years
Contract type: Fixed-term
Application Deadline: 12/08/2022
The Bank for International Settlements has an exciting new opportunity within our Human Resources team in Basel.
By joining the HR team:
- You will contribute to our mission, which is to attract, engage, develop and retain talent and contribute to shaping the culture of the Bank
- You will enjoy a truly international working environment, and will have the opportunity to collaborate daily with colleagues all across the Bank on a diverse range of projects
- You will join a small and diverse team, of highly qualified and experienced HR professionals at an exciting time of change, transformation and modernization
- You will work autonomously and be trusted to deliver high quality products, while proposing enhancements to existing processes and approaches
- You will join a dynamic work environment, committed to collaboration and teamwork, and believing in diversity of thoughts and embracing new ideas
Purpose of the role:
To oversee the delivery of the talent management programs aimed at enhancing the development of BIS staff, as well as to provide support to the HR Business Partners in the delivery of their projects and business cycles.
Talent Management Programs
- Manage the execution of our different talent management programs (360-degrees, new line manager program, Emerging Leader Program, e-Learning platform, mentoring program…), as well as propose enhancements and process efficiencies.
- Provide overall support to the Staff engagement tracker tool (process, timeline, administration module, communication, roll out) and other related activities (D&I, well-being, hybrid work surveys…)
- Update intranet pages related to our talent management programs and make proposals to enhance program visibility through communication campaigns
- Provide intelligence on external practices and benchmarking with other IFIs. Contribute to the overall talent management offering (internal and external mobility programs, e-learning, management programs….) and its communication to internal stakeholders
- Oversees the BIS Central Training budget and tracks financial commitments accordingly, provide regular reporting on budget use
- Coordinate and manage external partners and vendors (coaches, mediators, trainers…) from an operational and procurement perspective (requisitions, PO, bills, processing payments and approvals). Support the contract management and evaluation process
Support HR Business Partner services
Support the HR Business partners in the delivery of key activities, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate and provide oversight to the HRBPs by monitoring the status of contracts and temporary assignments, and managing follow-up actions
- Provide operational support and coordination to the HR Business Partners for projects (People Strategy initiatives, etc…) and specific processes such as reorganisations, talent review, job evaluation, and the performance review cycle (data analysis, presentations, communication)
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Demonstrable experience working in an HR department, ideally with a focus on talent management with a broad familiarity with a number of HR and talent management processes (performance management, talent management, employee relations…)
- Experience in handling sensitive HR and employment situations
- Experience with HRIS-systems
- Experience gained in international working environments is essential and previous exposure to international organisations, central banks or the financial services sector is an advantage
- Analytical skills, ability to produce high-quality work, – attention to details and accuracy and ability to evaluate and present data (e.g. Excel, Tableau, BO…).
- Energetic and proactive demeanor with a sound sense of customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills, impactful and considerate communicator
- Acts with integrity; displays high standard of ethical conduct; committed to the highest level of discretion in all activities
- Strong written communication skills in English is essential
Who we are:
The Bank for International Settlements is a diverse and inclusive organisation with colleagues from over 60 countries. By joining us in the international city of Basel, you will work in a unique, highly rewarding and international work environment. We truly value diversity and inclusion and want to reflect the world we serve. We want the best people to work for us in an inclusive environment so welcome applications from all qualified candidates. At the BIS, we value equality and diversity in all its forms and one way we support diversity and inclusion is through our staff-run networks. You can discover more about diversity and inclusion at the BIS here.
What the BIS offers:
In return, we offer a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive set of expat and relocation benefits and allowances. In addition, thanks to our status as an international organization, we can hire globally and welcome applications from candidates of all nationalities and located anywhere in the world.