ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Kyiv
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Senior Health Specialist in its delegation in Kyiv with a possible deployment in Khmelnitsky.
Under the overall direct guidance and supervision of the ICRC Health Delegate and overall supervision of Movement Cooperation Coordinator (Norwegian Red Cross Country Programme Manager), the CHO will coordinate/facilitate MHU programme activities in close cooperation of the URCS and local health authorities. Besides, the CHO should build strong operational relations with technical partners and stakeholders on the ground and establish good coordination, timely assessment and constant monitoring of the mobile unit related activities in line with agreements and related requirements.
Functional general responsibilities:
The Senior Health Officer will coordinate implementation and follow up activities carried out by the Mobile Units, in two oblasts of Ukraine (Ternopil and Khmelnytskyi). Besides, the SHO has following responsibilities:
- Identifies and conducts assessments of locations that may require MHU teams’ support.
- Ensures the implementation of all activities carried on by the MHU, according to plan and in coordination with the URCS.
- Ensures that all the components of the MHUs activities are consistent with health and mental health international standards, and Ukrainian guidelines and procedures.
- Conducts regular supervision visits, to assess the quality of the services provided, and to put in place corrective measures when needed.
- Provides technical support to the MHUs teams to solve any clinical or technical problems with implementation of the services ensuring high quality, effective and efficient service.
- Analyses, on a regular basis, the data collected in relation to MHUs activities and to put in place corrective measures when needed.
- Coordinates of MHUs activities at oblast level (providing of appropriate coordination between MHUs teams and local health care authorities, Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) and other in-country actors involved in the establishment and management of MHUs and identify address needs as required for successful integration of MHU teams).
- Ensures MHUs have all equipment and supplies needed to provide quality services.
- Communicate the procurement needs in a timely manner to the Logistics department.
- Participate to the recruitment of MHUs staff as well as identify their training needs.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Medical doctor (master’s degree in medicine) or registered nurse.
- Five (5) years’ clinical experience.
- Experience in medical evacuation and transportation.
- Knowledge of tropical health and public health.
- Fluent knowledge (spoken and written) of English, Ukrainian, and Russian
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and/or computer savvy.
- Skilled in the following competencies: Leadership, Accountability, People management, Teamwork & Collaboration, Representing the ICRC, Beneficiary & Client focused.
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 days vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply:
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 20/02/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)