OSCE - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
OSCE Office in Tajikistan
The OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe promotes the implementation of OSCE principles and commitments, as well as the co-operation of the Republic of Tajikistan within the OSCE framework in all three dimensions. It is involved in a wide range of activities, ranging from counter-terrorism and border management projects to supporting cross-border markets and free economic zones, human rights, media development, and legal reform initiatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Senior Finance and Budget Assistant will work under the Extra-Budgetary Project of “Stabilisation of Tajikistan’s southern border region with Afghanistan”. Under the overall supervision of the National Finance and Budget Officer, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the general ledger recording of the Project transactions; verifying correctness of GL entries in compliance with the relevant Financial Instructions, takes corrective action if necessary;
- Entering new Project Suppliers in SCB module ensuring completeness and correctness of Supplier/Customer information, including personal information, bank account, location, checking with EU sanction lists etc.;
- Timely updating the Project Suppliers database, initiates merge and other corrections when necessary;
- Proceeding with advance payments when authorized – travel, operational, salary advances; verifying outstanding advances, makes timely settlement in Finance module of the OSCE Oracle operating system;
- Handling financial transactions related to daì1y Project activities; examines source documents for validity and EU sanctioned lists;
- Ensuring that proper account combination selected while matching Invoice to Purchase order and direct charging; proceeds with re-classification if necessary. Making necessary consultations to Project staff on Chart of Accounts at purchase requisition stage;
- Verifying incoming invoices ensuring tax exemption, requests for advance or reimbursement for accuracy and compliance. Processes reconciliation of travel claims, verifies calculations and compliance with OSCE CRMS regulatory documents, prepares reimbursements/receipts resulting from travel claims, following up on available travel advances, providing guidance to the project staff with respect to travel entitlements. Entering transactions into Oracle and submitting them for approval and payment;
- Verifying Invoices from the OSCE single travel services provider related to the Project travel twice a month, matching to correspondent Purchase orders;
- Generating financial reports related to the Project implementation on the regular basis and upon Project Manager or National Finance and Budget Officer’s requests; customizing reports to meet the Donor requirements;
- Making regular consultations and briefings to the Project staff on financial regulations, correct costs allocation, combination and charges;
- Replacing the Finance and Treasury Assistant when needed;
- Monitoring obligations and expenditures versus approved Project budget on a regular basis; providing Project Manager with analysis of expenditures on a monthly basis and upon request from the Project Manager or National Finance and Budget Officer;
- Analysing Project budget implementation trends, by making comparisons with approved budget and identifies possible significant discrepancies in Project Budget utilization;
- Ensuring proper accounting of expenditure against approved Project budget, conducting account analysis on a monthly basis (or upon request) to identify Project balances and/or incorrectly processed entries and processes adjustments in IRMA/Oracle;
- Accommodating queries from POiD PCU and FAU, and other counterparts regarding Project Budget utilization;
- Participating in preparation of different types of reports on Project budget and expenditures and trends analysis during budget implementation for Project and POiD Management;
- Handling Project necessary amendments in Oracle Project module if required;
- Assisting in preparation of regular reports to the Donor, customizing generated reports to Donor’s requirements;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Please note that this is an extra-budgetary post and initial appointment will be for one year. Further extension of the post is subject to availability of Extra-Budgetary funds.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: (link)-office-in-dushanbe
- Completed secondary education and specialised training in the area of finance, budget and accounting;
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience in the field of finance, budget and accounting, preferably in an international environment;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages, especially in Excel application;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, Russian and Tajik languages;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is 897.41 EUR. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under (link)
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see (link)-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see (link)-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe
- Requisition ID: STA00000A
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: G6
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, Dushanbe
- Issue Date: Jul 26, 2022
- Closing Date: Aug 15, 2022
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Field: Budget & Finance