International Monetary Fund (IMF)
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is seeking a Senior Facilities Officer (Project Management) (hereinafter referred to as the PM) for the Facilities Management Division (DF) of the Corporate Services and Facilities Department (CSF) which provides a wide range of services in support of the IMF’s business needs and the well-being of its employees.
The PM shall deliver the below listed required Base Services, unless specified otherwise by the Construction Management (hereinafter referred to as CM) Section:
- Project Delivery: The PM shall act as the owner’s representative in planning and overseeing the delivery facilities upgrades, and interior and base building construction improvements. The PM shall work under the direction of the CM Section and adhere to the standards set forth by the CM Section.
- Budget and Schedule Management: Development of an initial project cost estimate, budget and schedule to validate the original budget request and to set milestones for the project going forward. Track the project schedule and budget throughout the duration of the project against the set baseline during project initiation stage
- Programming and program validation: Ensure that the current defined scope and budget are validated and accurately reflect the needs of the users.
- Project scoping, planning, and formulation: Refine and further develop project requirements within the framework of existing budgets and timelines.
- Predesign: develop programming requirements that translate into a preliminary design.
- Design Bid and Award: Ensure and validate the cost-effective procurement of Architectural and MEP design services in accordance with existing IMF contracts and processes. Define the required scope of design services, review and validate of A/E cost estimates, review and validate A/E fee proposals, and manage the approval, execution and controls of design contracts on behalf of the IMF.
- Design Oversight: Ensure that the design intent, per the client-agreed design-specifications, is adequately captured in the design documents. Proper direction and guidance will need to be provided to the A/E firm, including assurance that adequate review periods are provided to the IMF, and CM comments and direction are accurately captured.
- Compliance: ensure and validate that the requirements, design specifications, implementation plans, and subsequent changes are all in conformance and compliance with:
- The IMF policies, standards, and guidelines.
- IMF approved AIA contracting instruments.
- DC Construction codes and building permit requirements.
- The DF’s QA/QC (quality assurance and compliance) standards and reviews.
- The IMF Contractor Governance Site Impact Control Plan (SICP) process.
- External industry and local regulatory authorities’ directives and regulations.
- Implementation/Construction Bid and/or Award: Ensure and validate that the procurement processes of the IMF is followed during the solicitation and award of contracts. The PM will assist in the preparation of bidding documents and be actively engaged in the evaluation of bids and recommendation of contract award.
- Construction oversight: Ensure that the intent of the design documents and the requirements of the users are accurately incorporated into the actual build out. It is expected that the PM shall monitor and validate construction activities on a daily basis to ensure that the IMF interests and agreed plans are met. Coordinate and manage the internal stakeholders who support various project activities such as AV, IT, signage, moves and furniture, etc.
- Post Construction/Commissioning: Ensure and validate that work is accurately completed, functions as intended, and a smooth transition of the completed project to Operations is completed.
- Close out and lessons learned: Provide accurate documentation of the completion of the work, follow up to ensure prompt payment of all outstanding invoices and documentation of positive and negative aspects of the project. Ensure project team provides accurate as-built drawings and Operations & Maintenance information to the IMF.
- Feasibility Studies: PM may be required to produce feasibility studies, support long range budget forecasting, and end of year spending requirements.
- Detailed Programming for complex scope projects: Occasionally CM may have specialty or high visibility projects that require special handling. The PM may be required to make high level presentations or perform under high pressure situations.
Qualifications of ideal candidate:
- Educational development typically acquired by the completion of a relevant university degree in Civil Engineering, or related field, supplemented by a minimum of 10-15 years of professional experience as a Project Manager delivering facilities-related construction projects
- Knowledge of DC construction codes and building permit requirements.
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills, ability to adapt to changing priorities and to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Proven track record of successful project formulation and delivery, with an attitude of continuous improvement.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project. Experience with other project management tools (Primavera, Microsoft project, Clarizen) is desired.
- Advanced skills in communication, negotiations, and vendor/stakeholder management in diverse international and multicultural environment.
- Excellent technical writing skills and proven track record of statement of work (SOW) writing capabilities to be able to produce comprehensive SOW to meet all IMF expectations.
- Come to the table with new ideas and industry best practices to support Construction Management team (CM) in continuous improvement.
- Liaise with other departments to coordinate the various activities above, follow up, and drive to completion stated projects.
- Experience with all phases (Planning, Design & Construction) of commercial interior architecture projects.
- Ability to manage contracts with vendors/contractors by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Experience with reviewing and analyzing contractor proposed work schedule, identify critical path activities, review, and approve proposed baseline schedule and recommend recovery plan when required.
CSFDFCM Corporate Services & Facilities Dept Facilities Management Construction Management
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.