IFC - International Finance Corporation
Senior Executive Assistant
Job #: req20830
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Portuguese, Spanish, French
Closing Date: 2/6/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit (link)
Within IFC, support for the development and expansion of infrastructure solutions across a wide range of sectors is one of IFC’s key strategic priorities. The Global Energy and Mining Department (CEM) works closely with IFC’s regional infrastructure teams to finance and provide technical guidance to companies in the energy and mining sectors from IFC’s own balance sheet and through mobilization of other capital.
The Director’s office for Energy, Mining and Sustainable Advisory is looking for a highly motivated, well-organized Senior Executive Assistant who can ensure effective operations. The Senior Executive Assistant provides a critical level of administrative, logistical and time management support to all aspects of the Director’s work program and will also work with the Global Energy Team (CEMEN) as a core administrative support.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills and good judgment in dealing with high level external and internal contacts. The incumbent would be a part of the front office team and as part of his/her job responsibilities would be expected to:
- Independently and effectively manage the Director’s front office and implement general office procedures and guidelines to ensure smooth workflow within the office.
- Screen, track, prioritize, and appropriately channel all internal and external inquiries, requests, and telephone calls to ensure Director’s timely attention to priority issues.
- Schedule meetings, arrange for briefing materials, and help organize meetings, or events as necessary.
- Maintain the Director’s schedule; help ensure that the action list is consistently current
- Provide consistent and timely monitoring and follow-up of workflow to the front office, especially as it relates to documentation, Board or Committees and the scheduling of associated meetings which include IFC representation.
- Assist the Director in coordinating/communicating with the CEM management team and staff in HQ and the field.
- Provide support and guidance to other ACS of the CEM team and establish effective working relationships with EAs across the organization.
- Coordinate with the three sub teams (Energy, Mining and Sustainable Advisory) that the Director oversees and provide administrative support for joint initiatives, meetings, and events.
- Establish and maintain an effective network of contacts, both inside and outside the unit, to ensure effective cooperation in support of unit deliverables.
- Coordinate all necessary travel arrangements, LARS and TRS entries for the Director and part of the Energy team, in coordination with other ACS.
- Create requests for STCs and POs in Admin Portal, eConsultant, SAP and other systems as needed. Work closely with the Budget Officer on maintaining Admin Portal for the unit.
- Provide support regarding responding to internal and external requests for information.
- Provide quality control by monitoring documents for accuracy, ensuring adherence to established guidelines and procedures, and assisting in editing, formatting, and production of documents and correspondence.
- Provide admin support to CEMEN staff as needed.
- Act as an integral part of the team of staff supporting the executive offices of IFC.
- High school diploma with 10 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of IFC’s procedures and processes; or strong previous relevant experience.
- Successful previous experience as a Senior Executive Assistant to a Manager is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken; high proficiency in presentation, design, and revision. Command of other official languages (e.g.: Portuguese, Spanish, French) is desirable.
- Proven strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a small, cohesive team, and across boundaries.
- Very high degree of flexibility and a demonstrated capacity to handle a variety of multiple concurrent activities, to judge priorities and to take initiative, while keeping a clear head in an action-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Professional demeanor and solid office support and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and balance competing demands under pressure, while keeping attention to detail.
- High degree of judgment, discretion, and diplomacy in handling confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully and effectively with contacts at all levels, both inside and outside the Corporation.
- Proactive, detail oriented, well-organized, focused, and works with minimal supervision.
- Accepts new challenges and responsibilities to develop self, understand the big picture and benefit the corporation.
- High level of motivation, commitment, and reliability.
- Proficiency in office technology systems – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point.
- Willingness to be flexible in terms of hours.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.