Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)
IDB2179 – Senior Associate, Technical Support [Third Party Contract]
Business Unit: ITFC
Division: Not Applicable
Department: Not Applicable
Contract type: Temporary Staff
Country: Saudi Arabia
Location: Saudi Arabia – Jeddah
Closing date: 24-Oct-2022
SECTION I: JOB PURPOSE:
The role delivers technical support services for ITFC users, supporting the technology infrastructure setup of regional offices and disaster recovery activities. He evaluates appropriate technologies, infrastructure equipment, and ensures continuous connectivity between the Headquarters and regional offices for both systems and networks. He supervises and actively participate in the delivery of customer support and help desk services, while ensuring that the computer networks/systems of ITFC run smoothly and problems are properly diagnosed and resolved in a timely fashion. He evaluates technical bids and purchases, and actively coordinates with vendors for the procurement of software and hardware equipment and manages service contracts.
SECTION II: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise technical support and help desk activities relating to ICT infrastructure, computers, system software and hardware; streamlines the receipt and logging of service requests in the automated request management system; distributes work assignments and monitor progress.
- Interact with end users to analyse and determine the nature of problems, conducting root cause analysis for resolving reported issues in a timely fashion.
- Supervise the deployment, configuration and maintenance of ICT infrastructure and systems.
- Coordinate issues appropriately (internal/external) and research alternative solutions where appropriate, maintaining liaison with the Bank’s IT Department on various technical issues.
- Conduct end-user training for various technologies and tools.
- Brief management on the status of current incidents and resolution efforts.
- Survey the technical requirement and supervise the setup of regional offices in terms of technical infrastructure, connectivity, and various technology solutions, such as video conferencing.
- Participating in cross-functional teams and activities in order to assist with ICT related projects.
- Assist in UAT activities for deploying new systems and applications, and support the roll-out activities.
- Survey and evaluate new technologies, providing advice on new acquisitions.
- Provides full range of technical assistance and administration activities for operating systems, servers, active directory, SharePoint, email system, collaboration and content management, etc.
- Implements and maintains security controls; verifies the effectiveness of security controls in place; maintains accurate access control lists including rights and privileges.
- Participates in the security incident response activities; assists in the planning, implementing, and maintaining security controls.
- Acts as the focal point for the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity implementation project
- Maintain the IT asset life cycle management, including procurement, deployment, maintenance, support, and retirement & disposal of assets.
- Prepare the specification of new equipment, and supervise the overall procurement cycle.
- Prepare maintenance contracts, and ensure that all IT equipment are covered and have valid warranties.
- Maintain stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies.
- Maintain records of software licences, and ensure they are promptly renewed
- Prepare and maintain the annual budget for required hardware, software and maintenance contracts.
- Prepare RFPs and manage vendor interactions including bidding process and contracting
- Prepare and process payments to vendors, contractors and suppliers.
- Attend daily/weekly meetings as requested or required.
- Prepare and present regular progress reports on activities.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of IT Services’ organization and service offerings in order to identify how best to address end user technology needs and incidents.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
SECTION IV: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
A university degree in IT / Computer Science related discipline.
- Programming Skills – Intermediate
- Project Management Skills – Basic
- Business Relationship Management – Intermediate
- Problem Solving and Incident Management – Advanced
- Knowledge of Information Security – Intermediate
- Hardware Knowledge – Advanced
- Management of Vendors / Alliances – Intermediate
- System Design & Development – Intermediate
- Knowledge of ERP packages – Intermediate
- Knowledge of Database Management and Networking – Intermediate
- Troubleshooting Windows Clients, Microsoft Office & 365 (Cloud) / Windows Server Administration / SSL Certification / Symantec Endpoint Protection / Administering Networking Equipment / VPN / VDI / Microsoft Active Directory / Virtualization Technologies / TCP/IP Network Protocol / Communication Systems, such as Skype for Business, Zoom, WebEx, etc. / Basic SharePoint administration & content management / Administration & Troubleshooting of Printers, Copiers and Scanners / Administration of File Storage / Service Desk ticketing and support / Acronis Administration.
- English and Arabic are compulsory
Years of Experience:
- 4-6 years of experience in the field of IT technical support/help desk operations.