Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. Please visit (link) for more information. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Donetsk, Luhansk, Dniepro, Poltava, Sloviansk, Odesa and Vynnytsiya.
The ICRC Delegation in Donetsk seeks to fill the following position:
Security Guard based in Donetsk
AIM OF THE POSITION
The Security Guard provides and maintains security in the assigned premises.
- Assure proper security control of the ICRC premises (office building, warehouse and compound)
- Execute access control regime
- Patrolling of the compound (office and warehouse)
- Follow the safety and security instructions
- Controls access of staff, visitors and vehicles
- Announces and directs/escorts visitors
- Keeps the Security Log Books and all related documentation up to date
- Reports immediately all non-routine occurrences and security incidents
- Contributes to fire prevention and fighting
- Responds to intrusions
- Monitors CCTV and intruder alarm system
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Education and Professional qualifications
- Primary school education
- Similar work experience desirable
- Good physical conditions
- Basic knowledge of English is an asset
- Good communication skills
- Absence of prior criminal convictions
- Genuine interest to work for humanitarian sector
- High level of motivation, commitment to accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and taking initiatives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Capacity to adhere to and to implement procedures
- Ability to work methodically with demonstrated analytical skills
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service attitude
- Strong sense of autonomy and responsibility
- Good team player.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, and also:
- Initial training and on-boarding organized
- Opportunity to work and grow in an international working environment in humanitarian sector
- Good working condition and competitive salary with benefits
Starting date: August 2022
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of Human Resources Department:
Deadline for applications: 04/08/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview. No queries by phone please.