ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC Delegation in Odessa
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in affected countries by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Security and safety advisor in its sub-delegation/ delegation in Odesa.
The Security and safety advisor advises the sub-delegation management on potential risks to the ICRC and supports the management in ensuring the proper functioning of the sub-delegation security management system.
- Contributes to the ODE’s safety and security risk assessment and risk management
- Ensures the implementation of specific security and safety risk mitigating measures in premises and during field movements
- Assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of existing policies, procedures and practices relating to safety and security risk management.
- Ensures that all new staff and visitors receive oral & written briefing on safety and security
- Keeps close contact with relevant departments to enforce and adjust security protocols in a timely matter
- Ensures that field movements are monitored (through radio communication, mobile phones or other means)
- Ensures vehicles are equipped with First Aid kit and staff are equipped with appropriate communication equipment (Satellite phones or VHF/HF radios)
- Provides support to staff on security matters related
- Organizes relevant safety and security drills and identifies additional training needs
- Keeps him/herself updated on ICRC security tools and processes
Security related tools and documents
- Contributes to updates Risk Assessment, Security Rules, Key documents, Contingency plans
- Oversees the quarterly update of the Welcome file (Security and Safety section).
- Ensures all incidents are reported timely in the SMIP platform, using the ICRC incident reporting format.
- Develop an effective functioning protocol for security guards to comply with (Entry/Exit, screening, visitor handling, movement of material, compound security, etc.)
- Ensures contingency plans, evacuation plans are in place and up to date (Fire/Medical evacuation, demonstration masss, natural disasters, etc.)
- Ensures systematic capacity building of the security and safety logic and application, through relevant security briefings
- Systematically visits and provides support to sub-structure
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Higher university degree in related field such as risk & crises management
- Accreditation in the field of risk/crisis management is a strong asset.
- Security/safety management background preferred, experience in crisis management a strong asset.
- Fluent knowledge of English and Ukrainian.
- Computer literacy (word, excel, PowerPoint, internet use)
- 4-5 years’ experience in a similar field of activity/ humanitarian sector
- Security/safety management background preferred, experience in crisis management is a strong asset.
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labor law
- Annual paid 20 days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city center
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply:
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 7 February 2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)