United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
WFP in Home-based
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Please note that TEC has advertised this VA with the intention to fill a position in the Project Management Office as well as to start creating a roster of staff to fill similar profiles for recurrent positions and future needs.
INCLUSION IN THE ROSTER DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY FUTURE CONTRACTUAL RELATION WITH THE WFP
Job Title: Product Support and Adoption Specialist
Type of Contract: Regular Consultant level I
Duty Station: Remote
Duration: 11 months
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change. Powered by the passion, dedication, and professionalism of our 20,000 staff worldwide, the World Food Programme (WFP) works in over 80 countries to bring life-saving food to people displaced by conflict and made destitute by disasters, and help individuals and communities find life-changing solutions to the multiple challenges they face in building better futures.
We work to enhance nutrition in women and children, support smallholder farmers in improving productivity and reducing losses, help countries and communities prepare for and cope with climate-related shocks, and boost human capital through school feeding programmes.
In conflict situations, we bring relief to exhausted populations and use food assistance to build pathways to peace and stability – work for which WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020.
The Technology Division of WFP partners with business areas across the organization to digitally transform our business. We design, develop, enhance, and maintain a variety of digital products.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of TECM and Head of Product Services Unit and direct supervision of the Product Support and Adoption Team Lead, the incumbent will be responsible of providing support to the corporate platforms managed by the branch such as Microsoft 365, Yammer, WFPgo, GoDocs and Manuals; by providing onboarding resources, training, documentation, reporting and communication of usage/adoption/updates of corporate platforms. Also, will be involved in initiatives aiming at improving workflows, standardization, presentations, and support models and will manage all relations with external teams and partners.
The incumbent will familiarize with WFP applications and platforms to proactively align tools and solutions to the business needs in the organization, while ensuring the feedback from business users is collected and translated into opportunities to improve IT services.
- Produce and update guidance on the corporate products as part of the knowledge base.
- Produce and analyse statistics on the corporate products on a regular basis.
- Make presentations and deliver training sessions as required to stakeholders/business users.
- Assist in performing quality control for IT solutions supported by the branch.
- Assist in collecting requirements, define workflows and review/amend hand over material, including FAQs for end-users.
- Collaborate with the preparation of training material internally or in cooperation with other branches
- Presenting and selling the product support model and concept for its application to a variety of business cases and projects.
- Make sure a high-quality level of support is maintained on all platforms and tools supported, following the product management model.
- Analyse the feedback and translate into possible improvements of the tools.
- Continuously improve guidelines, processes and procedures of Business Relationship Management.
- Work on official reports on the work done by the team on the different projects and produce documentation for the solutions supported.
- Liaise with the Communications, Advocacy and Marketing Division (CAM), TECD and TECC focal points to ensure alignment on content strategy and priorities.
- Management of service requests (tickets) and troubleshooting of application issues related to corporate platforms.
- Other related duties, as required.
- Documentation, workflows, training material and SOPs aligned with relevant stakeholders.
- Standardized report on the adoption of the corporate tools for dissemination with stakeholders.
- Proposals for improvement of the services delivered based on the data collected.
- Re-organization of the information managed by the team so, all resources are updated and accessible for all the team members and other teams when requested.
- Communication and adoption campaigns material for all corporate products disseminated and used by users.
- Proactive support in all the activities of the team so, all activities are aligned, and approach harmonized.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
University degree in Computer Science, Communications, Pedagogy, or other related fields. Cross-functional or other hybrid degrees (e.g. a humanities/tech split) are very welcome.
3 + years of experience in product management, project management, adoption of IT tools and/or support of technological platforms.
Knowledge & Skills:
- E xcellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to work in multicultural environments.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 products and integration with other mission critical enterprise systems.
- Working experience with tools and standards for support and adoption processes.
- Ability to consult with users’ community in a friendly and effective way, with a special focus and attention to the field.
- Experience in managing business expectations and coordinating different teams.
- Ability to collect feedback from users and translate into opportunities for the improvement of corporate platforms.
- Analytical skills and proactivity.
- Experience delivering presentations, workshops or training sessions to users.
- Ability to communicate simply and clearly in writing.
- Ability to simplify complicated concepts to make them accessible to general audiences.
- Knowledge of content management systems (e.g. Drupal, Joomla, Yammer, etc).
- Certification in Agile, ITIL or Agile Service Management is a plus.
- Cloud certification on AWS, Azure or GCP is a plus.
Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable .
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package, which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
(link) Click on: “Our Work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 10 February 2023 at 11:59pm Rome time (CET/CEST)
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Saving lives, changing lives