European Stability Mechanism (ESM)
ESM HQ Luxembourg
Deadline for application: 6 November 2022
We are looking for a junior risk analyst with experience in risk management to contribute to the risk monitoring and risk reporting processes for the ESM and EFSF, in particular risk reporting and data management to provide temporary support to the Risk Management division. The selected candidate will also fulfill a horizontal role within the Risk Management division by contributing to reporting and data management for market risk and credit risk activities. The selected person will report to the Head of Risk Management.
The ESM is the permanent crisis resolution mechanism for euro area countries. It provides financial assistance to Members facing financing difficulties. European leaders have agreed to an expanded mandate for the ESM, which it will implement in the years ahead. The ESM will have a stronger role in the analysis of financial stability risks and design of policy measures in programmes, jointly with the European Commission; it will provide the Single Resolution Board with a financial backstop to support effective and orderly resolution of banks. In the context of the current Covid-19 crisis, the ESM has established a precautionary credit line as one important element in the joint European response to the pandemic.
The ESM is a unique place to work with around 210 individuals from around the world committed to making a difference to the future of the euro area. I t recruits talented professionals of any nationality from both the private and public sector.
- Maintain risk management reporting systems (risk engine, data layer reporting solution)
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders for the proper functioning of interfaces amongst the data source systems, the risk analytical solutions, and the reporting solutions
- Execute quality checks on the input data used for risk monitoring and reporting
- Produce and analyse the daily risk reports (market, credit, liquidity) for the institution and periodic risk reports for internal and external committees
- Contribute to the implementation of new Murex reporting and to the further automation of current credit risk reporting and credit data
KEY BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in economics, finance, risk management, mathematics, engineering, or equivalent
- Prior experience in risk management/trading/operations/IT projects acquired within the financial services industry or consultancy is a plus
- Experience and ability for programming in VBA and with Data Visualization Tools (e.g. Tableau). Programming skills in Python (Pandas) would be an asset.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience using front office and/or risk management software (e.g., MSCI, Murex, Bloomberg) is an asset
- Fluency in English required
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Teamwork and collaboration oriented
- Resilience, flexibility, and adaptability to changes
- Inclusive and respectful of diversity
APPLICATION PROCESS AND PRACTICAL INFORMATION
- Expected start date: as soon as possible
- Contract duration: first contract of three months, with possibility of extension
- Contractual terms: modalities of this non-ESM staff contract will be discussed directly with the candidate
The ESM aims to provide equal opportunity to all candidates irrespective of their gender, nationality, age, race, culture, education, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or disability. To further enhance the diversity of our workforce, we particularly encourage women to apply.