UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
Identificación de puesto
Fecha de anuncio
Fecha límite de solicitud
Programa de puesto
Agency : UNDP
Grade : G4
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Practice Area : Crisis management / Country Management Support
Descripción de puesto
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Program – UNDP works in more than 170 countries and territories, providing assistance to develop policies, leadership and association skills, institutional capacities and resilience building, fostering development. The UNDP Strategic Plan 2022-2025 describes the future direction of UNDP, continuing to work through its six signature solutions on poverty and inequality, governance, resilience, environment, energy and gender equality. These are where countries’ needs are greatest and where the capabilities and position of UNDP within the United Nations development system best equip the organization to work. Learning from the lessons of the last four years, the signature solutions will be adapted to better match countries’ evolving priorities. Collaborating across the strengthened United Nations system and beyond, UNDP will develop integrated approaches that apply combinations of solutions for greater impact. Powerful enablers – strategic innovation, digitalization and development finance – will further accelerate and scale results.
UNDP is part of the 26 United Nations Agencies, Funds and Programs in Colombia, contributing to the achievement of the United Nations Cooperation Framework for Sustainable Development. The UNDP Country Program Document 2021-2024 seeks to support the efforts of the Colombian government for the transition to peace and the consolidation of its position as a medium-high income country; with three work priorities: 1) Stabilization: “Peace with Legality”; 2) Migration as a development factor; and 3) Technical assistance as an accelerator of the achievement of the catalytic Sustainable Development Goals.
UNDP in Colombia works in 28 departments and 319 municipalities. At the programmatic level, UNDP Colombia is organized into 2 Clusters and 5 Portfolios: The Inclusive Sustainable Development Cluster, which brings together the Sustainable Development and Poverty and Inequity Reduction portfolios, and the Peacebuilding and Inclusive Governance Cluster, which brings together the Portfolios of Democratic Governance, Peacebuilding, Crisis Response and the Rule of Law.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Registry Clerk provides reliable registry services and supervises other Registry personnel.
The Registry Clerk demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of the registry system
- Effective mail management
- Cost recovery for pouch services
1. Ensures maintenance of registry system
- Set up and maintenance of the office filing system in accordance with the UNDP Global Filing System and the Documentary Classification Scheme for managing project documents.
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining, and promoting the proper use of the Document Management Software of the Country Office.
- Opening of new subject files as required and disposal of old files in accordance with the established retention schedule.
- Maintenance of archives, making sure files are properly stored and accessible; safe keeping of documents
- Provision of – documents from the confidential registry files, as requested by staff. Assistance in the collection of reference and background material from registry files
- Establishment and maintenance of records system of file movements within the office; maintenance of the office circulation and reading files.
- Preparation of correspondence and reports related to registry activities
- Supervision of the Registry support personnel.
- Participation in the creation and maintenance of an electronic registry/archive system in close cooperation with the ICT personnel.
- Supervision of registry contracts such as courier service providers, file custody, etc, and active participation in the procurement processes carried out for contracting those services.
2. Ensures provision of effective mail management
- To guarantee the receipt, registration, coding and forwarding of incoming letters and other correspondence to proper department/unit/officer.
- Registration and dispatch of the outgoing communications, including pouch, and follow-up distribution. Prepares the summary of enclosure forms and necessary documents and maintains the file on pouches received to ensure that all bags are accounted for.
3. Ensures cost recovery on Pouch Operations
- Proper prorating and billing of user agencies.
Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities: Ensures that the personnel under his/her supervision complies with the rules and regulations of the organization in terms of registry, archiving y pouch and ensure proper management of the work team.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
Adapt with Agility
LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
Act with Determination
LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
Engage and Partner
LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
Motivate and Direct
- Create and communicate a compelling vision and purpose
- Align people and resources with organizational vision, strategy, objectives
- Understand and proactively builds the team/organization culture
Manage Performance and Ensure Accountability
- Ensure regular conversations with people about work
- Provide positive and constructive feedback
- Discuss poor performance in a timely manner
- Provide praise and recognition, as well as ensure accountability
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Administration & Operations
Registry & correspondence management: Ability to collect, register, maintain and deliver mail and UNDP pouch; ability to
Administration & Operations
Documents and records management: Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy
including storing and archiving
2030 Agenda: Engagement & Effectiveness
Effectiveness: Quality assurance of corporate data
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education is required. University Degree is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Training in document management is desirable.
Experience, Knowledge and skills:
- 4 years of relevant work experience in document management and electronic files for candidates with Secondary Education or 1 year of relevant work experience in document management and electronic files for candidates with Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in handling pouch is desirable.
- Experience managing providers of document management and courier services is desirable.
- Desirable work experience in UNDP and demonstrated knowledge of UNDP policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Document Management Software etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages is required.
- Fluency in Spanish is required
- Working level in English is desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web