IOM - International Organization for Migration
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Position Title: Recruiting Specialist (VN 093-094/2022) Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC) Job classification: General Staff/ G-6 Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Salary: Php 746,790.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the overall supervision of the Head, Recruitment Unit and the direct supervision of the National Human Resource Officer, the successful candidate is responsible and accountable for ensuring compliance review and carrying out recruiting activities in their area of responsibility. They will coordinate with hiring managers, selection panels, HR focal points and candidates on the timely filling of posts in accordance with established policies and procedures and with due consideration to transparency and fairness throughout the process and a positive stakeholders experience.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Act as the focal point for recruitment and selection of all personnel based at Headquarters and personnel in the Professional category worldwide.
- Process requests for the advertising of jobs. Review and ensure that the position descriptions, titles, and grade levels are in line with IOM’s standards. Provide guidance to hiring managers on the process of publishing a vacancy. Ensure that all published vacancies are substantively sound and typo-free.
- In collaboration with the National Human Resource Officer, assist in screening applications using pre-screening criteria and qualitative requirements. Advise hiring offices on preliminary assessments methods and organize their administration in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Review eligibility and qualifications of shortlisted candidates proposed by hiring managers/ selection panels and provide advice to ensure balance and diversity in shortlists. Review deselection reasons of first tier candidates not shortlisted and provide guidance to hiring managers/ selection panels to ensure transparency and fairness to all candidates.
- In close collaboration with selection panel members, review/draft and propose competency-based interviews questions; schedule interviews using the applicants tracking system and assist selection panels in preparing selection forms. Support with the reference check process (including any vetting process).
- Draft/Review selection recommendation documents for SVNs, VNs and direct recruitments. Provide guidance to hiring managers / panel members in completing the documents as needed. Coordinate submissions for approval.
- Participate in initiatives pertaining to building talent communities and feed talents’ pipelines.
- Maintain regular liaison with the Human Resources Administration Unit to support timely completion of selection and mobilization formalities. Track offers sent to successful candidates and their acceptance/ decline of offers. Ensure that unsuccessful candidates are timely notified.
- Reach out, analyze, and address issues related to recruitment processes and recommend a course of action balancing the need of the hiring manager / mission and recruitment policies. Initiate communication with hiring managers/ missions facing recruitment difficulties and provide guidance to facilitate and fast track the recruitment process.
- Respond in a timely manner to e-mail inquiries received in the REC Mailbox pertaining to recruitment and selection processes within the area of responsibility and flag to the National Human Resource Officer/Head of Recruitment any issues or exceptional requests related to the application of IOM’s recruitment policy and guidelines, so they are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist in monitoring and updating staffing table, recruitment tracking lists in collaboration with other Recruitment Assistants. Keep an auditable record of all activities assigned and feed the recruitment audit trail accordingly. Ensure relevant correspondences and recruitment related documents are appropriately filed. Prepare information in support of the periodic statistical reports.
- Actively contribute to sourcing and attraction efforts and outreach activities.
- Identify and analyze areas for improvement related to procedures and processes as well as recurrent issues related to the application of recruitment guidelines and make recommendations. Participate in the provision of training to REC’s stakeholders.
- Serve as the backup for the National Human Resource Officer and replacement of the Recruitment Assistants when needed.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Human Resources, Business administration, Industrial and Organizational Psychology or any related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years relevant professional experience;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience processing human resources transactions and exposure to talent acquisitions and talent management concepts and processes.
- Experience using social media to serve recruitment and selection objectives
- Experience supporting recruitment and selection in humanitarian or non-for-profit organizations is desirable.
- Experience on Human Resources statistics is desirable; Experience working in a multi-cultural setting an advantage.
- Knowledge of IOM/ UN personnel and financial policies and staff rules and regulations an advantage.
- Ability to work autonomously in a high paced environment and deliver accurately on a wide variety of tasks.
- Sound client orientation and ability to build trust with various internal stakeholders;
- Proven capacity in managing difficult clients with an outlook on results and impact.
- High level of computer literacy, experience with HR IT systems and applications.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications online by clicking on the APPLY button and completing the profile registration.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.