ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Kyiv
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
ICRC is a humanitarian organization which works to protect and assist victims of armed conflicts. The position within the institution requires to convey/carry a certain image of the ICRC. ICRC expects its employees to behave in an appropriate manner at all times and in all places. All members of staff should ensure their attitudes correspond to ICRC principles both during and after working hours.
The Data Administrator administers data collected by the ICRC to support its activities on behalf of people entitled to ICRC protection & assistance under international humanitarian law.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Proceeds to the Protection data base (Prot6) data entry of activities related RFL/Missing and non-confidential part of all detention visits and representation with respect of data management deadlines
- Assists the Data Manager Resident and Data Manager Mobile to ensure a proper monitoring of data entries being a focal point of all Prot 6 updates related non-confidential part of Detention and RFL/Missing by all users from all UA ICRC Offices resulting that data is ready to be used for PROT internal analysis and Data Warehouse with respect of corresponding deadlines.
- As a focal point of Detention (non-confidential part) and RFL/Missing data entries, performs and ensures that the Prot 6 data entries are done as per the internal procedures
- Assists the Data Manager Resident and Data Manager Mobile on organization of the data related to Protection department (Prot 6 database, filing and running of a Prot office).
- Performs regular controls of the data input and updates with selections, reports, frequencies and using regular technical checks
- Ensures the relevance and quality of the data collected in accordance with the local languages aspects. Proceed to translation to English of documents upon request.
- Supports to compiling and sending official documents to Geneva for archiving
- Responsible of the filing of individual files, as well as individual files considered as confidential are created and sorted out as per the Running of a Prot office procedure
Support to Protection Department and Field
- Supports the Protection team in the preparation of statistics, lists, analysis and individual follow-up
- Participates in consolidating and analyzing of various lists received from authorities and other parties
- Assists the Data Manager Resident and Data Manager Mobile in establishing and respecting the Prot 6 workflows and guidelines
- Supports the colleagues in the process of Prot 6 Data entry when request by the colleagues
- Support the Protection Field Officer and Data Manager Resident in updating the assistance database with all the assistance distributed by the Protection Department in Ukraine.
- Professional degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent command of English plus French, Arabic, Spanish or Russian, depending on location of assignment.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (knowledge of SQL or programming languages an asset).
- Previous experience with databases and data management (specialized software).
- Information-management background.
starting date: ASAP
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter.
Deadline application: 7/12/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No queries by phone please.