European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
EBRD Amman, Jordan
Purpose of Job
The Analyst is responsible for a) identifying potential clients for advisory assignments b) assessing the potential current and future funding needs of the clients and prospects, and c) identifying consultants to manage advisory assignments with the Bank’s clients and promoting best practice in the project cycle.
The Analyst will work with the clients to identify their business needs and identify areas for business advice and potential financing needs. The Analyst will develop the scope of advisory projects, either refer it to an Associate to implement or identify suitable consultants or experts for the assignments.
The Analyst will manage advisory projects through the stages of conception, implementation, completion and impact evaluation. The Analyst will proactively manage their portfolio of ongoing projects ensuring it contributes to raising the quality of ASB projects in the country as well as their impact. The Analyst will also provide support to other ASB team members and EBRD bankers when needed for need assessment (funding or advice) as well as working alongside them in executing EBRD advisory and banking projects.
The Analyst will support the Principal Manager in the country and interact with clients, consultants, EBRD banking colleagues as well as ASB in other countries and in HQ to share knowledge and develop best practice.
The Analyst is responsible for identifying potential clients and consultants, managing advisory assignments with clients, and implementing market development and visibility activities. The Analyst should ideally have experience in working with Palestinian start-ups and MSMEs. The Analyst will be based in Amman, with regular travel to the West Bank (and have the necessary travel documents for entry into the West Bank).
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Support the Principal Manager to develop and implement the ASB Operational Plan for the country, as well as other operational efforts.
- Analyst is responsible for identifying potential clients and consultants, managing advisory assignments with clients, and implementing market development and visibility activities.
- Cooperate with banking teams in any phases of banking projects cycle including in identifying Blue Ribbon clients, analysing their financials and monitoring portfolio companies’ performance, and ultimately preparing them for financing.
- Identify new local consultants to recommend to the Principal Manager for qualification and manage relations with existing consultants and organisations, ensuring a broad pool of expertise is available for indirect ASB projects;
- Under the guidance of the Principal Manager, implement or support implementation of marketing and visibility activities to promote ASB,the funding donor/s in the country and to develop local consultancy market or disseminate best practices within sectors.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree (Business, Economics, Finance etc.) and/or equivalent business experience
- The Analyst should ideally have experience in working with Palestinian start-ups and MSMEs.
- Relevant professional experience, preferably from commercial management consultancy, corporates or financial institution (banks).
- Some experience working in at least one of the SME F&D Priority Areas (i.e. ESG, sustainable supply chains and digitalisation).
- Familiarity with the topics of green economy and economic inclusion.
- Knowledge of business advisory services.
- Knowledge of local business environment and consultancy market.
- Strong business advisory skills.
- Business/financial analytical skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understand local accounting principles and conduct financial analysis.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Effective communication, presentation and negotiation skills and ability to manage relations with clients, consultants and other stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills; experience in writing advisory project proposals, terms of references or reports desirable.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in language of country of operations.
- Computer literate: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Power Point, ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the EBRD mandate, passionate about private sector development.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Multi-tasking, self initiative.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the country and internationally.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.