WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
This vacancy Announcement will close on 17 September 2021 at 11:59, Rome Time
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
-This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates ONLY.
-Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
-Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Assisting more than 90 million people in 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by 2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty. WFP Lebanon provides humanitarian assistance to nearly 1.1 million vulnerable person, in the form of unrestricted assistance in-kind and cash based transfers. WFP Lebanon also provides food assistance in the form of snack and fresh food to school aged students and their families. This support is designed to improve the students’ health and make them and their families more motivated to pursue the children’s right to education. WFP Lebanon also supports vulnerable households in protecting and improving their livelihoods through trainings and rehabilitation of local infrastructures.
To know more about WFP’s mission, please check the below video: (link)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are seeking to fill the position of Programme Policy Associate for Social Protection to support the Emergency social safety nets (ESSN) implementation. The position will be based in Beirut, Lebanon with frequent travel to field offices, as needed.
The incumbent will report to Programme Policy Officer in the Social Protection Unit (SPU) in the WFP Lebanon Country Office, in charge of the ESSN, under the overall guidance of the Head of SPU.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Emergency social safety nets (ESSN) operations Programme Policy Officer, the Programme Policy Asssociate will be responsible for the following tasks: Operations
- Support the overall implementation of ESSN, specifically in areas related to targeting and selection of beneficiaries, provision of cash assistance and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM).
- Participate in the establishment of functional operational systems that strengthen the implementation of the ESSN, including through the development of project’s operational guidelines with proper control mechanisms to ensure that project outcomes are met, implementation quality standards are maintained, and ensure compliance with WFP corporate standards and procedures.
- Contribute to the preparation and elaboration of ESSN operational work plans and budget.
- Participate in the capacity building of national government partners in the implementation of related social protection programs and use of newly established systems and protocols. This also involves support in developing capacity building guidelines and trainings to staff and partners on core aspects of program delivery.
- Liaise with relevant units within WFP to ensure effective collaboration and implementation of ongoing activities related to the ESSN.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Support in managing partner contracts in the operations around the NPTP and ESSN, including system inputs.
- Ensure timely processing of contract payments in the system.
- Ensure timely delivery of distribution plans and submission of completion reports for Cash Based Transfer (CBT) assistance in coordination with WFP Field Offices and GoL.
- Ensure timely and regular sharing of reports related to ESSN Cash assistance related issues so they can be resolved in a timely manner by relevant parties/units.
- Support in developing/updating programme communication materials in coordination with the Communication Unit and liaise with relevant WFP Units.
- Monitor procurement, production, delivery and dissemination of communication products, and ensure communication tools are always sufficiently stocked.
- Support ESSN WFP Team in organizing donor visits with relevant Field Offices and WFP units in coordination with Government partners.
- Support ESSN team in organizing with regular field visits to obtain beneficiary feedback on WFP supported social protection programmes.
- Prepare timely drafts of monthly Country briefs and internal situational reports on ESSN.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in Economics, Agriculture, International Affairs, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other related fields or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience: At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in the fields of programme implementation and/or administration. Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in program implementation and administration is required
- Experience in supporting large-scale emergency cash-based transfer (CBT) operations during Emergencies for International Organizations (IO), Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) or governments is required
- Ability to maintain regular, well organized, and accurate records
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced working environment
- Proactivity and ability to facilitate discussions and coordinate tasks with multiple units
- Effective communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office tools (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint), internet search and mapping software
- Experience in WFP, Government, or large NGO programming is a plus
- Experience in directly working or collaborating with Government ministries and/or donors, bilateral and multilateral, is a plus.
- Knowledge of policies around social protection, targeting, monitoring systems and their applications is a plus.
- Office WFP Beirut, Lebanon