WFP - World Food Programme
WFP in Mazar-i-Sharif
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Programme Associate (SO2) Grade: SC6 Type of contract: Service Contract Duration: 12 Months – with possibility of extension Duty Station: Mazar Vacancy Number: 173365 Date of Publication: 19 Sep 2022 Deadline of Application: 03 Oct 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Afghan nationals only and WFP encourages especially Afghan females and Afghans with disabilities to apply.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The hunger crisis in Afghanistan is unfolding at a rapidly, with over half the country’s population of 40 million now facing acute food insecurity—the highest number the humanitarian community has ever seen in Afghanistan. Work opportunities are shrinking, with most households now reporting just one day of work per week. This comes on top of the worst drought in years, which is especially concerning for the 85 percent of the population who rely on agriculture for livelihoods.
Preventing and mitigating a drastic increase in hunger and malnutrition is the aim of WFP in Afghanistan which can only be achieved through the scaled up and sustained complementary food security and nutrition interventions, combined with a scale-up of resilience interventions to safeguard gains. WFP has embarked on a significant month on month scale-up of its crisis response and resilience programmes across the country, ensuring that the programme is delivered at the right scale and time, targeted to the right areas. WFP is also actively following up on evolving trends to pre-empt hotspots, while guaranteeing quality and maximum impact of the programme through the monitoring of these hotspots to be able to support continued donor advocacy.
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Technical review the project proposal and ensure the project proposals are made as per technical standards and WFP requirement
- Technical follow up the project progress/output and ensure the allocated resources are utilized as p
- er actual output and all qualitative measures are properly followed up.
- Ensure all the technical part of project is properly monitored and expected output achieved within agreed timeline
- Ensure the CBPP and SLP recommendations used and priority needs of communities incorporated in the proposal
- Ensure feasibility assessment of project in terms of expected outcome and impact well studied and realistically adjusted
- Properly maintain tracking of programmed resources and prepare all the necessary documents when it is required
- Conducting technical assessment and ensure the proposed BoQ technically matching with the ground and the costs proposed are reasonable
- Processing of CP invoices vs output achieved considering all technical knowledge and saving unspent amount
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: First university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in engineering.
Experience: At least 3 years experiences in prgoramme implementation.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Knowledge of WFP programmes and policies, nutrition and food security and food systems.
- Strong written and oral communication
- Experience working in a United Nations agency, and preferably with WFP.
- Experience of working in implementation of programmes.
- Computer skills in Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, typing English/Pashto/Dari
Fluency (level C) in English language, plus Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (link)-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.