WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in Programme. Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfil the needs of internal and external partners.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance
Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)
Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas
Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government
Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
NOTE: Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-years period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
15th September 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
Ù„Ø§ ÙŠÙ‚ÙˆÙ… Ø¨Ø±Ù†Ø§Ù…Ø¬ Ø§Ù„Ø£ØºØ°ÙŠØ© Ø§Ù„Ø¹Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙŠ Ø¨Ø§Ù„Ø§Ø³ØªØ¹Ø§Ù†Ø© Ø§Ø¨Ø¯Ø§Ù‹ Ø¨Ø£Ø´Ø®Ø§Øµ Ø§Ùˆ Ø¨ÙˆÙƒØ§Ù„Ø§Øª Ø®Ø§Ø±Ø¬ÙŠØ© ÙÙŠ Ø§Ù„ØªÙˆØ¸ÙŠÙØŒ Ø¹Ù„Ù…Ø§Ù‹ Ø¨Ø§Ù† Ø¹Ù…Ù„ÙŠØ© Ø§Ù„ØªÙˆØ¸ÙŠÙ Ø¯Ø§Ø¦Ù…Ø§Ù‹ Ù…Ø¬Ø§Ù†ÙŠØ©. ÙŠØ¨ØØ« Ø¨Ø±Ù†Ø§Ù…Ø¬ Ø§Ù„Ø£ØºØ°ÙŠØ© Ø§Ù„Ø¹Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙŠ Ø¹Ù† Ù…Ø±Ø´ØÙŠÙ† Ù…Ù† Ø£Ø¹Ù„Ù‰ Ø¯Ø±Ø¬Ø§Øª Ø§Ù„Ù†Ø²Ø§Ù‡Ø© ÙˆØ§Ù„ÙƒÙØ§Ø¡Ø© Ø§Ù„Ù…Ù‡Ù†ÙŠØ© ÙˆØ§Ù„Ø°ÙŠÙ† ÙŠØªÙ‚Ø§Ø³Ù…ÙˆÙ† Ù…Ø¨Ø§Ø¯Ø¦Ù†Ø§ Ø§Ù„Ø¥Ù†Ø³Ø§Ù†ÙŠØ©.
ÙŠØªÙ… Ø§Ø®ØªÙŠØ§Ø± Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙˆØ¸ÙÙŠÙ† Ø¹Ù„Ù‰ Ø£Ø³Ø§Ø³ ØªÙ†Ø§ÙØ³ÙŠ ÙˆÙ†ØÙ† Ù…Ù„ØªØ²Ù…ÙˆÙ† Ø¨ØªØ¹Ø²ÙŠØ² Ø§Ù„ØªÙ†ÙˆØ¹ ÙˆØ§Ù„ØªÙˆØ§Ø²Ù† Ø¨ÙŠÙ† Ø§Ù„Ø¬Ù†Ø³ÙŠÙ†. Ø³ÙŠØªÙ… Ø§Ù„Ù†Ø¸Ø± ÙÙ‚Ø· Ù„Ù„Ù…ØªÙ‚Ø¯Ù…ÙŠÙ† Ø§Ù„Ø°ÙŠÙ† ØªÙÙŠ Ù…Ù„ÙØ§ØªÙ‡Ù… Ø§Ù„Ø´Ø®ØµÙŠØ© Ø¨Ù…ØªØ·Ù„Ø¨Ø§Øª Ø§Ù„ÙˆØ¸ÙŠÙØ© Ø§Ù„Ù…Ø¹Ù„Ù† Ø¹Ù†Ù‡Ø§ØŒ ÙˆÙÙ‚Ø· Ø®Ù„Ø§Ù„ Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙˆØ¹Ø¯ Ø§Ù„Ù†Ù‡Ø§Ø¦ÙŠ Ø§Ù„Ù…Ø¹Ù„Ù†.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service
- Office WFP in Ibb