UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
Job Identification : 5773
Locations : Bangkok, Thailand
Posting Date : 09/11/2022, 10:10 AM
Apply Before : 10/04/2022, 03:59 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : G7
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education and Work Experience : High School certificate
Required Languages : Thai and English
Vacancy Timeline : 3 Weeks
Job Category : Administration/Operations/Support
The Programme Associate position is located in the UNFPA Asia and the Pacific Regional Office (APRO). The Programme Associate contributes to the development and effective management of the regional programme, including providing support to the coordination of programme planning and work plan design, and providing support to programme implementation and budget management. The Programme Associate will also supervise a team of Programme Assistants.
The Programme Associate will report to the Deputy Regional Director with a dotted line to the Regional International Operations Manager as the Programme Associate also works in close collaboration with the Regional International Operations Manager and his/her team to ensure optimal regional programme implementation and budget management, and provide timely support to country offices on issues related to programme management and operations support, while also conducting efficient resource management and policy compliance.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Programme Associate will play an instrumental role in facilitating UNFPA’s regional programme and project implementation, supporting planning, monitoring and follow-up of regional programme actions across UNFPA’s thematic areas.
The Programme Associate will apply established systems and procedures and assist in the creation of knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing relevant information, developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with procedures.
You would be responsible for:
- Providing support for the development, review, and consolidation of concept notes from technical and programme advisers to be used for regional programme planning in accordance with UNFPA Strategic Plan
- Coordinating the preparation of APRO’s annual work plan development, reviewing activity design and budget estimates in accordance with the Regional Interventions Action Plan, taking into account the regional office’s results framework, and responsible for managing the work plan in ERP system
- Monitoring work plan implementation, including providing guidance on appropriate implementation modality in compliance with UNFPA policies and procedures, and monitoring progress
- Providing support for the management and monitoring of the regional programme budget for both core and non-core resources, including analyzing utilization trends and bringing relevant issues to the attention of APRO’s Senior Management including recommendations that support decision making
- Supporting the management of co-financing projects to ensure compliance, including preparation of proposals, donor agreements, donor reports, as well as project progress monitoring and budget review
- Engaging with implementing partners on multiple topics, including supporting to the selection process, PSEA capacity and risk assessment, IP agreements, work plan management, project monitoring and reporting (expense and work plan progress reports), HACT micro assessment and assurance activities, i.e., audit and spot checks
- Delivering trainings for country offices and implementing partners on issues related to work plan management, budget management, results reporting and programme operations related procedures
- Producing knowledge products and communication documents to support information sharing and guidance throughout UNFPA country offices in the Asia Pacific Region and with implementing partners
- Participating in the country office support and oversight function of APRO regarding policy guidance and quality assurance in relation to programme management areas, i.e. implementing partner management and programme budget management.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable but not a requirement.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Seven years of relevant experience in programme/ project management.
- Proficiency in Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power-point, etc) and corporate IT systems.
- Experience in managing a team is desirable.
- Good basic knowledge of finances and mastery of a series of financial and spreadsheet software.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use analytical tools and logic to gather, define information, situations, problems, and draw logical conclusions to the data;
- Make timely and appropriate decisions, taking into consideration, various and complex issues.
Fluency in English and Thai
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact