WFP - World Food Programme
WFP in Nampula
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Female qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, offer, training, or any other fees). Offers of WFP employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. WFP does not concern itself with information on bank accounts. Any requests for such payment or information should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action and to WFP for its information.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or the designate. At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: 5 years or more of professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
Languages: Fluency in Portuguese and English. Knowledge of local languages is highly desirable.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Leads by Example with Integrity
Lives WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others.
- Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change.
- Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth.
- Applies Strategic Thinking
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things.
- Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Builds and nurtures external partnerships & collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance
Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)
Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Knowledge of Specialized Areas
Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.
Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt
Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of contract: Service Contract, Level 5
Duty Station: Nampula
Duration: 12 months
This position is open to Mozambican Nationals Only.
Female qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
08th February 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.