WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in Programme. Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance
Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)
Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Knowledge of Specialized Areas
Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.
Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt
Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
NOTE: Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-years period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
15th September 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
Ù„Ø§ ÙŠÙ‚ÙˆÙ… Ø¨Ø±Ù†Ø§Ù…Ø¬ Ø§Ù„Ø£ØºØ°ÙŠØ© Ø§Ù„Ø¹Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙŠ Ø¨Ø§Ù„Ø§Ø³ØªØ¹Ø§Ù†Ø© Ø§Ø¨Ø¯Ø§Ù‹ Ø¨Ø£Ø´Ø®Ø§Øµ Ø§Ùˆ Ø¨ÙˆÙƒØ§Ù„Ø§Øª Ø®Ø§Ø±Ø¬ÙŠØ© ÙÙŠ Ø§Ù„ØªÙˆØ¸ÙŠÙØŒ Ø¹Ù„Ù…Ø§Ù‹ Ø¨Ø§Ù† Ø¹Ù…Ù„ÙŠØ© Ø§Ù„ØªÙˆØ¸ÙŠÙ Ø¯Ø§Ø¦Ù…Ø§Ù‹ Ù…Ø¬Ø§Ù†ÙŠØ©. ÙŠØ¨ØØ« Ø¨Ø±Ù†Ø§Ù…Ø¬ Ø§Ù„Ø£ØºØ°ÙŠØ© Ø§Ù„Ø¹Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙŠ Ø¹Ù† Ù…Ø±Ø´ØÙŠÙ† Ù…Ù† Ø£Ø¹Ù„Ù‰ Ø¯Ø±Ø¬Ø§Øª Ø§Ù„Ù†Ø²Ø§Ù‡Ø© ÙˆØ§Ù„ÙƒÙØ§Ø¡Ø© Ø§Ù„Ù…Ù‡Ù†ÙŠØ© ÙˆØ§Ù„Ø°ÙŠÙ† ÙŠØªÙ‚Ø§Ø³Ù…ÙˆÙ† Ù…Ø¨Ø§Ø¯Ø¦Ù†Ø§ Ø§Ù„Ø¥Ù†Ø³Ø§Ù†ÙŠØ©.
ÙŠØªÙ… Ø§Ø®ØªÙŠØ§Ø± Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙˆØ¸ÙÙŠÙ† Ø¹Ù„Ù‰ Ø£Ø³Ø§Ø³ ØªÙ†Ø§ÙØ³ÙŠ ÙˆÙ†ØÙ† Ù…Ù„ØªØ²Ù…ÙˆÙ† Ø¨ØªØ¹Ø²ÙŠØ² Ø§Ù„ØªÙ†ÙˆØ¹ ÙˆØ§Ù„ØªÙˆØ§Ø²Ù† Ø¨ÙŠÙ† Ø§Ù„Ø¬Ù†Ø³ÙŠÙ†. Ø³ÙŠØªÙ… Ø§Ù„Ù†Ø¸Ø± ÙÙ‚Ø· Ù„Ù„Ù…ØªÙ‚Ø¯Ù…ÙŠÙ† Ø§Ù„Ø°ÙŠÙ† ØªÙÙŠ Ù…Ù„ÙØ§ØªÙ‡Ù… Ø§Ù„Ø´Ø®ØµÙŠØ© Ø¨Ù…ØªØ·Ù„Ø¨Ø§Øª Ø§Ù„ÙˆØ¸ÙŠÙØ© Ø§Ù„Ù…Ø¹Ù„Ù† Ø¹Ù†Ù‡Ø§ØŒ ÙˆÙÙ‚Ø· Ø®Ù„Ø§Ù„ Ø§Ù„Ù…ÙˆØ¹Ø¯ Ø§Ù„Ù†Ù‡Ø§Ø¦ÙŠ Ø§Ù„Ù…Ø¹Ù„Ù†.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service
- Office WFP in Ibb