IOM - International Organization for Migration
IOM in Benghazi
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.Under general guidance of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Community Stabilization (CS) Programme Manager, The Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting the CS activities and ensuring that the implementing partners are on track with their action plans. The incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks: RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Support the Programme Manager and CS Project Officers with all the administrative and financial tasks as required, including maintaining proper documentation/files of the project, preparing purchase requisition, payment request, invitation letters and other relevant documents 2. Assist with the overall project management of access to basic services activities, including drafting contracts for Service Provider/Implementing Partner (IP) as well as coordination with LEG Department concerning contract amendments. 3. Conduct monitoring of the access to basic services activities implemented in Libya, including provision of detailed feedback to IPs to their reports and guidance on project implementation/to address unforeseen challenges. 4. Monitor and attend events in Benghazi that are related to CS programming to expand outreach. 5. Conduct research on CS-related topics and issues as per project needs. 6. Support with informal translations of document, information, and data from and for the field team from English to Arabic and vice versa. 7. Handle the logistical arrangements for focus groups, workshops, exchange sessions and trainings. 8. Serve as liaison support to track all relevant supporting documents from the Logistics/procurement unit, finance Unit, and provide support to the Project coordinator with the collection of necessary data/documents. 9. Coordinate closely with Logistics Unit and Admin/Finance Unit to review, consolidate, submit and clarify status of Implementing Partner documents for processing of payments and conduct necessary follow-up; 10. Assist the CS Project Officers in developing project documents, forms and tracking tools for CS Unit. 11. Undergo field travel as needed to support field team; 12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
- High school diploma or equivalent. University degree in related area would be a distinct advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in relevant position with a high school diploma and two years with a university degree
- Previous working experience in other international organizations (IOM, UN etc.) is an advantage.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of financial and administrative management and effective resource management skills.
- Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good knowledge of MS office applications eg Excel, Word , Outlook , etc.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within areas of responsibility;
- Delivers on set objectives under pressure and/or hardship situations;
- Required: Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written)
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies: Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via Success Factor system on or before 05 January 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the Success Factor system.
The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 22 December 2022 to 05 January 2023
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.