The World Bank
World Bank in Washington, United States
Production Editor (short-term consultant), World Bank Publishing Program
Start Date: December 12, 2022
Express Interest By: 12/2/2022
Topics: Not Available
Business Function: Communications, Marketing and Publishing
Skills: Strong editorial background;Knowledge of the editorial production process (design, editing, typesetting, proofreading, and printing);Five years of publishing experience
Language Skills: English
Assignment Location: United States, HQ
Contact Person: Cindy A. Fisher ([email protected])
- Manage the publishing process for assigned books.
- Develop schedules and e stimate costs for assigned books. Monitor and manage workflow to ensure that established standards, schedules, costs, and quality are met.
- Hire, coordinate, and oversee the work of external vendors/consultants to ensure adherence to World Bank standards and project timelines.
- Advise the author/client on copyediting, design, typesetting, and manufacturing requirements and standards in addition to cost and service dimensions.
- Maintain ongoing contact with the author/client throughout the life cycle of the project, ensuring that the author/client understands the process and the tasks that they are required to carry out, and serving as a liaison between the author/client and the hired vendors/freelancers.
- Update database records for those portions of a project under the consultant’s oversight.
- Create purchase order and line item requests as needed when hiring vendors/freelancers. Put through financial chargebacks for each book.
- Participate in team meetings (virtual) and contribute to team discussions.