ITER Organization in Cadarache
The ITER Organization brings together people from all over the world to be part of a thrilling human adventure in southern France building the ITER Tokamak. We require the best people in every domain. We offer challenging full-time assignments in a wide range of areas and encourage applications from candidates with all levels of experience, from recent graduates to experienced professionals. Applications from under-represented ITER Members and from female candidates are strongly encouraged as the ITER Organization supports diversity and gender equality in the workplace. Our working environment is truly multi-cultural, with 29 different nationalities represented among staff. The ITER Organization Code of Conduct gives guidance in matters of professional ethics to all staff and serves as a reference for the public with regards to the standards of conduct that third parties are entitled to expect when dealing with the ITER Organization. The south of France is blessed with a very privileged living environment and a mild and sunny climate. The ITER Project is based in Saint Paul-lez-Durance, located between the southern Alps and the Mediterranean Sea an area offering every conceivable sporting, leisure, and cultural opportunity.
To see why ITER is a great place to work, please look at this video
Application deadline: 28/08/2022
Domain: Corporate Domain
Department: Finance & Procurement Department
Division: Procurement & Contracts Division
Section: Eng., Science, Op. & Corp. Section
Group: Procurement and Contract Delivery
Job Family: Project Support
Job Role: Project Coordinator – 2
Job Grade: P2
Language requirements: Fluent in English (written & spoken)
Contract duration: Up to 5 years
As a Procurement Officer, you will be accountable and responsible for procurement activities across the entire procurement and contract lifecycle, from the planning and definition of requirements up until the close of the contract for services, supplies and/or works as required. You will work with a range of internal clients with contracts relating to engineering services, supply procurement, and/or operation and maintenance activities.
The Procurement and Contracts Division (PCD) provides procurement expertise to successfully contribute to the delivery of the ITER Project. Its mission is to manage procurement activities, place and follow-up contracts in compliance with the principles and objectives set in the ITER Agreement and the Project Resource Management Regulations. The Procurement team implements competitive procedures in compliance with ITER Organization (IO) procurement procedures, and provides efficient, responsive and quality in-cash procurement services, contract management services in support to the IO Departments in a fast paced and multicultural environment.
The ESOC section provides support to the Engineering, Science & Operation and Corporate Domains within IO and the Procurement and Contract Delivery group is responsible for the procurement processes operations within this section.
Key Duties, Scope, and Level of Accountability
- Manages the procurement process for contracts from the development of procurement plans, procurement and contract strategies, to the preparation of the tender documents, up until the signature of the contract through to closure;
- Reviews and advises on technical specifications, proposes selection and award criteria, writes instructions to tenderers and special conditions of contracts, whilst ensuring consistency of the procurement related documents;
- Anticipates and identifies issues and delays in the project and takes the initiative with subsequent corrective actions in consultation with the line management;
- Interfaces with the IO Legal and Finance Divisions when drafting and placing contracts;
- Proposes recovery plans and ensures their implementation;
- Writes and/or reviews structured documents (reports, procurement strategy papers, evaluation reports, processes, guidelines, how-to…);
- Manages evaluation committees, and chairs such committees when appropriate, and organizes the assessment of the tenders ensuring that different options and outcomes are considered in full compliance with internal regulations;
- Leads negotiations in the view of achieving the best value for the IO;
- Develops and/or follows up on the proper implementation of procurement plans and flags any problems to Procurement and Contract Delivery (PACD ) Group Leader;
- Prioritizes and executes procurement activities to ensure high quality and lowest risks for the Project;
- Maintains and supports developments of procurement tools and systems (ERP SAP, I-PROC/Ariba, IDM,…) to increase the efficiency of the procurement process;
- Based on lessons learnt, identifies opportunities for process, system, and structural improvement, proposes inputs for continuous improvements, and participates to their development and implementation;
- Develops the awareness on procurement methodologies, procedures and best practices within the ITER Organization;
- Guides and trains the ITER Organization’s Departments and/or PCD newcomers and stakeholders on procurement rules, methods, practices, and tools as appropriate;
- Deals with procurement process varying from small value to greater value contracts with potentially operational complexity;
- May be requested to be part of any of the project teams and to perform other duties in support of the project;
- May be required to work outside ITER Organization reference working hours, including nights, weekends and public holidays.
Measure of Effectiveness
- Places and delivers simple and complex contracts in compliance with the IO rules and regulations, in a timely manner;
- Develops and follows-up procurement plans in accordance with the ITER Project schedule;
- Successfully leads negotiations with suppliers, also interfacing with IO stakeholders, and Domestic Agencies representatives;
- Rigorously implements IO Procurement Regulations for contract awards;
- Proficiently uses IO procurement tools(ERP SAP, I-PROC/Ariba, IDM,…), leverages them to achieve effectiveness and efficiency of the procurement process in addition to transferring these competencies and knowledge to other staff;Adapts well to new ways of working and promotes new ways of learning through training, mentoring or networking.
Experience & Profile
The following important information shall apply to all jobs at ITER Organization:
- Maintains a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of the ITER Safety Program, ITER Values (Trust; Loyalty; Integrity; Excellence; Team mind set; Diversity and Inclusiveness) and Code of Conduct;
- ITER Core technical competencies of 1) Nuclear Safety, environment, radioprotection and pressured equipment 2) Occupational Health, safety & security 3) Quality assurance processes. Knowledge of these competencies may be acquired through on-board training at basic understanding level for all ITER staff members;
- Implements the technical control of the Protection Important Activities, as well as their propagation to the entire supply chain;
- May be requested to work on beryllium-containing components. In this case, you will be required to follow the established ITER Beryllium Management Program for working safely with beryllium. Training and support will be provided by the ITER Organization;
- May be requested to be part of any of the project/construction teams and to perform other duties in support of the project;
- Informs the IO Director-General, Domain Head, or Department/Office Head of any important and urgent issues that cannot be handled by line management and that may jeopardize the achievement of the Project’s objectives.