ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
ICRC in Kyiv
Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the positions of Procurement Assistant in its delegation in Kyiv.
Procurement Assistant assist the Buyers and the Country Procurement Manager making information available on purchasing files and ensuring that they comply with ICRC rules. S/He carries out administrative work to help the procurement team function smoothly.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Complies and reconciles suppliers` invoices against purchasing documentation
- Ensure proper filling of official Logistics/Purchase documents
- both hard copy and electronic (â€œDemat Portalâ€, JDE, etc.) and they are up to date for audits
- Creates and maintains supplier files with the Buyer and update supplier performance indicators
- Provides and collects information for statistics
- Support Purchasers on specific administrative tasks
- Prepares all necessary documents to submit for payments
- Follows up on any missing documents for payments
- Collects proof of payments and all relevant payment vouchers and adds it to the order file
- Responsible for petty cash order management up to 2’000 CHF
- Delegate part of petty cash to Procurement assistant
- Follows up with requestors on clarifications
- Ensure necessary administrative work is implemented on time.
- Know, apply and comply with all the administrative procedures linked to his (her) work (financial, Time reporting, etc.).
- Keep files up to date at all times, logistics external contact list, PO registration files.
- Translate documents from English to National language and vice versa as required.
- Adapts his/her behavior to various interlocutors.
Treatment of information
- Register and treat information (general and specific) accurately and with confidentially.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma, technical education or professional or university degree in a related field.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English; knowledge of the local language(s).
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar field.
- Experience working for a NGO or international organization an asset.
- Good computer knowledge
- Advanced level of MS Excel
- Good data analysis skills
- Experience with mobile data collection tools
- Capacity to adhere to and to implement procedures
- Good communication and negotiation skills
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 calendar days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply:
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 15/12/2022
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: (link)