UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
UNDP - United Nations Development Programme in
Job Identification : 8043
Locations : Gambia
Posting Date : 01/20/2023, 11:17 AM
Apply Before : 02/03/2023, 11:17 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : G5
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Practice Area : Effectiveness
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Africa
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 5 year(s) experience
Other Criteria : Procurement Certification Programme CIPS 2 or any equivalent certification is a requirement
Required Languages : English Language
Mobility required/no mobility
no mobility required
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Accountabilities 1. Supports in implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results: Example of Duties: Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies. Provision of inputs to preparation of procurement team results-oriented workplans. 2. Supports procurement processes for CO, projects, UN House and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results: Example of Duties: Support to implementation of procurement processes including preparation of RFQ, ITB or RFP documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals. Vendor creation in Atlas, Buyer’s profile in Atlas; Maintenance of the filing system in the procurement unit. Assistance in prioritizing procurement requisitions in terms of urgency for appropriate action.Tracking of all procurement processes up to delivery, acceptance and payment. Follow-up with requesting units on their procurement requisitions, ensuring that all requirements are met. Vendor creation in Atlas. Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services. Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems. Compilation of information for preparation of cost-recovery bills for procurement services.
3. Contributes to the implementation of sourcing strategy focusing on achievement of the following result: Example of Duties: Input of information to the roster of suppliers Update of Performance Evaluation of Suppliers/Service Providers.
4. Ensures proper control of CO Assets focusing on achievement of the following result: Example of Duties: Preparation of inventory reports. Implementation of Inventory and physical verification check-up in the CO and projects.
5. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results: Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement. Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
6. Any other duties that may be assigned
Expected Demonstration of Competencies
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination
LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of High School Education is required or Bachelor’s degree in public administration, Accounting, Economics and related fields will be given due consideration.
- Procurement Certification Programme CIPS 2 or any equivalent certification is an asset
- Minimum 5 years (High School Education) or 2 years (Bachelor’s Degree) of relevant administrative and Procurement experience.
- Experience in the Provision of inputs to preparation of procurement plans for the office.
- Experience in Supporting procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation
- Experience in maintaining filing system – to ensure record keeping of procurement transactions; of incoming and outgoing correspondence
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.