European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Portfolio, Budget and Performance Office
Dept. / Bus. Group
VP, Human Resources & Corporate Services
MD IT Office
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Principal, IT Performance will manage Performance Reporting, Portfolio Tools and IT Policies and Procedures. They will introduce and maintain performance reporting across the department, providing KPIs to aid effective decision making. They will ensure transparency across the department, streamlining reporting and helping raise awareness of cost and performance, supporting a change in culture of the department. The role will manage the IT resource supply and demand, implementing procedures to provide visibility of allocation and capacity across all IT activities. The role is also the custodian of all IT processes & governance frameworks and ensure adherence to policies and best practices. They will also be the Product owner for the IT Portfolio Management Tool.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Creation and ownership of an IT performance management framework
- Compiling consistent and reliable reports across demand, delivery & support
- Develop and report on performance metrics to support the department’s strategic objectives
- Define & implement approach for measuring the IT capability areas, using agile and Lean metrics where appropriate
- Raises customer awareness of cost and performance by supporting a change in culture and behaviour within the department
- Streamline where possible the provision of performance data supporting improved decision-making
- Facilitates improved links between performance and risk
- Oversee process for on boarding of new IT resources that ensure all working procedure and practices are communicated
- Definition and maintenance of tools, templates and competencies
- Acts as escalation point and go to person for process and compliance issues
- Assist with the definition and adoption of IT project management and agile delivery standards based on best practice for development
- Leads and champions the creation and improvement of processes, procedures and tooling
- Acts as Product owner and provides administration of the Portfolio Management Tool
- Manages the implementation of new features and upgrades for the Portfolio Management Tool
- Provides governance of required changes to portfolio management system and required integration
- Manages enterprise level resource allocation, including adjustments based on emerging business or technical opportunities and challenges
- Defines and implements a consistent demand management process across the organization and create and maintain a portfolio view of all IT delivery demand.
- Manages the collection of data to produce a consolidated view of IT resources to ensure adequate capacity and resource planning across all activities and portfolios
- Directly accountable for the engagement and effective overall management of staff including recruitment, compensation (as agreed with the Head of Department, if applicable), performance management, coaching and development.
- Champion and role model the Bank’s Behavioural Competencies and Corporate Behaviours, ensuring adherence within the team(s) so that the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct are exhibited at all times.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
- Educated to degree level or significant relevant experience
- Demonstrate strong analytical and decision making skills with a structured approach to delivery
- Knowledge of the Bank and departmental policies and procedures; experience of dealing with IT budgets and projects, preferably within the Bank
- Experience in providing guidance to IT Delivery and Project Management Teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills, with effective utilisation of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau and Power BI is desirable
- Experience of defining, capturing and visualising Agile & Lean metrics, tracking at portfolio level
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.