European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Human Resources & Org. Development
Posting End Date
The PMO Lead will be responsible for the establishment and management of a new Portfolio Management Office within Human Resources and Organisational Development (HROD) as directed and overseen by the Principal, Project Manager and relevant HR Management Team (HRMT). The role holder will be required to draw on extensive past experience, effective assessment of EBRD’s current programme and portfolio structures and input from key stakeholders to build an effective ‘Intelligent’ PMO function within the department.
This PMO will provide strategic support to change and delivery initiatives within the department including maintenance of standards, management of key risks and dependencies and co-ordination of key programme inputs. The role holder will work closely with the Principal, Project Manager to define the workstreams and deliverables required throughout the lifetime of the projects under the scope of the PMO. As an experienced programme professional, the role holder will work independently to establish exemplar PMO practices across the department and provide collaborative and coaching support to colleagues along the way. The role holder will report throughout to the Principal, Project Manager and the HR Management team as required.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Build the PMO
- Develop and refine the detailed objectives of the PMO
- Create and operationalise the interfaces and channels for engagement with key stakeholders
- Mapping of all process required for the effective running of the PMO
- Design of all artefacts and tools to be used within the PMO and development of all guidance required for their proper use by stakeholders
Run the PMO
- Act as a coach to project team members by sharing transformation best practice, skills and knowledge to support effective delivery of projects
- Management and tracking of all actions arising from regular PMO sessions
- In collaboration with the HROD Finance Manager, track and maintain funded project budgets
Stakeholder Management and Communications
- Act as a trusted and influential partner to HRMT by keeping them apprised of key impacting project insights, risks and issues
- Design and deliver targeted change communications to HROD and EBRD in partnership with HROD Communications Lead as required
- Continually assess and deliver on requirements for additional communications or changes in existing communications
Governance of the Solution Change Process
- Act as secretariat for the Solution Change Governance process which manages all impacting change within the department
- Liaise with technical development teams as required to ensure communication and prioritisation of outstanding system enhancement requests
- Liaise with change-related stakeholders to manage expectations and maximise transparency of the process
Management of lifecycle artefacts
- Review and refine existing fortnightly status report tooling
- Engagement with Enterprise PMO (EPMO) to align PMO approach
- Support development and delivery of stage gate materials as required across all major governance for a
Management of Planning and Roadmap
- Own development and maintenance of the HROD Transformation Roadmap
- Engage regularly with HROD project managers to review progress against project plans in order to support portfolio impact and dependency management
- In conjunction with the Principal, run quarterly roadmap planning sessions with all relevant stakeholders in the department to gather activity inputs and present milestones and dependencies across the portfolio.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Can-do, excellence-by-default attitude
- Above average organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starting, proactive and collaborative approach to analysing and solving problems
- Experience of working in a programme environment as a Programme Manager or Programme Management Office lead.
- Experience of developing and delivering high quality and impactful visual, verbal and written communication
- Experience of communicating and working collaboratively with colleagues at all levels of the organisation to deliver sustainable change
- Experience of working as a trusted advisor to senior leadership to influence, provide reassurance and effectively translate strategies into action
- Experience of working independently and proactively within tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly in the context of document development and data analysis
- Proven track record of managing and resolving competing priorities
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of transformation in an HR context
- Knowledge of JIRA and/or Trello
Please be advised internal applicants are only eligible to apply once the probation period in your current role has been passed.
Please note that CCTs and applicants working directly for a Board office can only apply for jobs advertised via the external website.