European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Principal, Digital Workplace Applications Squad Lead is responsible for leading the seamless delivery of applications that deliver a digital workplace and their integration & inter-operability with IT systems. These are traditionally Common Off the Shelf (COTS) SaaS services. These include Facilities, Communications, Events and other common business units.
Digital Workplace Applications, Squad Lead defines a clear strategy, standard and framework for COTS and other Digital Workplace applications incl Business Case, Cost Model, Requirements, Design, Implementation and delivery. The aim of which is to reduce friction, and increase velocity to enable higher, faster value to EBRD business.
Accountabilities & Responsibilties
The Squad Lead:
- Defines a clear strategy, standard and framework for COTS and other Digital Workplace applications incl Business Case, Cost Model, Requirements, Design, Implementation and delivery. The aim of which is to reduce friction, and increase velocity to enable higher, faster value to EBRD business.
- Aims to build a pipeline of new or transitioned Digital Workplace Applications to form a Squad team, over time.
- Interfaces and co-ordinates with multiple Managed service providers, implementation partners, Vendors, Enterprise Architecture, Application support and other IT / Business teams.
- Works closely alongside multiple IT Teams and to develops, maintains and updates all COTS u& other Digital Workplace application Services to our Business Users
- Alongside other departments within the Business is responsible for the supplier management of COTS Services e.g. planning, implementation, licensing, billing and annual maintenance.
- Holds partners to account and provides direction to technical teams and delivers strategic objectives
- Gathers technical requirements for new engagements and manages existing engagements with infrastructure partners, projects and programmes for COTS Services
- Act as Technical Subject Matter Expert for the COTS Application Service and own Integrations with IT systems such as Identity, SSO, Firewall and Proxy Integrations
- Works with the relevant Technical Leads to maintain a suitable resourcing profile for both build and run requirements
- Acts as a senior technical escalation for Major Incidents, Problems, Changes or other significant technical challenges within the Business Applications Squad / areas of responsibility
- Runs & optimises the delivery of BAU services within the Digital Workplace Business Application Services, ensuring they are delivered on time, to cost, to quality.
- Provides technical direction on Security Issues identified and manages technical changes required to remediate issues identified
- Works with Architecture and Service Managers to ensure that enhancements/updates are implemented according to industry best practice and in-line with EBRD Policy.
- Assists the Capability leadership team to build the vision and roadmaps – from Architecture, Security, Service, Technical, Quality Assurance (QA) & Commercial Vendor Management teams.
- Works with leaders in both DW and across other capabilities to ensure requirements are met
- In partnership with other squad leaders deputises for the Capability Lead, DW
- Responsible for creating a psychologically safe environment in which the squad can operate.
- Works with the Technical Architects to define the Business Application integration Roadmap based on industry trends and wider IT and Bank objectives/principles.
- Manages dependencies by working with other Capabilities such as Commodity, Modern Networks and Infrastructure, Security and Expert Practitioner/wrapper services.
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Digital Workplace Capability Lead, Solutions Architects, Business Analysts, and Product Owner to identify and provide prioritisation and guidance on operational improvements to Business Application services, working with our agreed vendors and key partners to deliver these improvements.
- Leads the delivery of EBRD Events, through effective resourcing of an international team, including the EBRD Annual Meeting. This event takes places in various locations in EBRD’s Countries of Operation.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Extensive infrastructure management experience including managing teams, managed service providers and professional service organisations
- Clear examples of leading large scale Projects, specifically Infrastructure, End User and Event Technology
- Deep understanding of the COTS & SaaS application landscape, and their interoperability with corporate technology
- Comfortable managing resourcing requirements (supply and demand)
- A good grasp of infrastructure engineering principles, formerly from a technical background
- Demonstrable technical expertise of Integration SaaS based software with existing OnPrem infrastructure components.
- Technical expertise in SSO including Azure AD, Active Directory OnPrem and M365 suite.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a multi-cloud organisation, focusing on M365 and Microsoft Azure services.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of Network Infrastructure (including Wi-Fi), ACI, DHCP, DNS Cloud technologies.
- Networking experience of Direct Connect/Express Route/Site to Site VPNs and the connectivity to physical datacentre services is desirable.
- Expertise of Infrastructure, Platforms, Network and Cloud teams in highly collaborative environments, promoting a strong teamwork ethos.
- Design and implementation of IT Roadmaps and production of high-quality documentation.
- A comprehensive understanding of security principles, experienced in the operation and delivery in an ISO27001 environment.
- Experience working in an ITIL governed environment, ideally certified
- Familiarity of working with Agile software development teams, ensuring that infrastructure enhances velocity rather than introduces inertia
- Experience of Windows Process Automation using Powershell
- A strong understanding of IT security, service continuity, audit, risk and compliance. Capable of aligning with suitable controls and monitoring effectiveness
- Driven to ensure wherever possible technology is automated and appropriately quality assured with the aim of removing waste
- A persuasive communicator who can engage across levels of seniority within IT and the Business and adjust technical jargon according to audience
- Must be comfortable with office productivity tools including the Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Degree educated or substantial relevant experience
- A second language from an EBRD Shareholder Country would be advantageous.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.