European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
CTO Data & Transformation
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
EBRD have started an exciting journey of replacing its content management platform which underpins the Bank’s external website and intranet. We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to help design the target state solution, support the business in making critical decisions on sourcing and implementation. This role will work with the leadership team within Communications, IT and Transformation. Immediate start preferred.
The Principal works in partnership with the business stakeholders and is responsible for leading change projects or initiatives that impact the Bank’s organisation and/or operations materially. They are responsible for leading the collection, analysis and documentation of a client’s business requirements as part of the operating model including process, data and technology design. They may also be a Product Owner within strategic technology or business transformation projects. Usually they will work in matrix environments with specialist consultants as well as with other Bank staff engaged in the project/s.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships across the Bank and externally in order to drive change and help to achieve the projects’ anticipated benefits. Act as a focal point in resolving queries, issues and ambiguity during all phases of the project and working alongside the Project Manager to ensure the appropriate Change Management disciplines are applied.
- Coordinate project assessment supporting the production of business cases for investment projects necessary to secure project approval and funding (including formulating financial and non-financial benefits).
- Drive innovation initiatives across the Bank along with championing new ways of working such as analysis practices and methods using Agile.
- Work with relevant key internal units (e.g. ORM, IT, internal audit department etc) to signal and address change needs and operational improvement
- Develop and maintain strong internal networks and build trusted relationships to enable and influence change across the Bank.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
Knowledge, experience & qualifications
- Relevant degree, or equivalent experience of working within financial services, corporate/investment banking or relevant function at a Group level
- Programme/project management and change management experience; respective qualifications (eg. Prince 2, Lean/six sigma, SCRUM certification etc) a plus
- Solid understanding of enterprise/business architecture; ability to provide holistic and multidimensional business views essential
- Proven experience in one of the levers of transformation (data, processes, technology)
- Demonstrated understanding of industry best practices and external trends in organisational development, change management and organisational and/or product innovation
- Domain expertise in at least one functional area (eg. banking, policy, risk management, finance, operations etc); capable of providing advice and consultancy services drawing on in-depth professional expertise and experience
- Experience working in project teams, including having matrix responsibilities for specialist consultants and/or internal staff on a functional basis
- Excellent understanding of the EBRD, its mandate and strategy, the broad range of its operations as well as its interactions with its key partners, or ability to quickly gain this understanding
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Excellent data analytics skills; proficiency in MS Excel and/or reporting/analytics software eg Tableau, Cognos desirable
- Business process modelling skills essential; familiarity with BPM design/modelling software desirable
- Strong oral and written presentation skills, fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of agile methods and principles
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to influence and work well with others, with the ability to effectively harness the cooperation of peers across departments
- Team player, able to work with and manage through others
- Excellent active listening skills and interpersonal and communication skills in English to communicate with a wide variety of people at all levels in the Bank.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.