IFC - International Finance Corporation
Principal Communications Officer – Media Relations
Job #: req19196
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 10/4/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit (link)
The Principal Communications Officer, Media Relations will report to the Manager, Corporate Communications (Head of Corporate Communications), and work closely and seamlessly with other members of IFC’s Corporate Support Vice Presidency to support the organization’s overall communications efforts.
The Principal Communications Officer’s main accountability is to plan, develop and implement a high-impact global media relations strategy for IFC. This involves developing and implementing a proactive approach to global media relations, including setting standards for how IFC leaders and staff engage with members of the media. The Principal Communications Officer will coordinate with other relevant units within IFC, as well as with the corresponding World Bank teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a team focused on media engagement, content creation for senior leadership, and message consistency.
- Manage all proactive and reactive media relations, including cultivating new relationships with journalists and opinion writers from major national and international media outlets.
- Act as a media spokesperson on behalf of IFC and address questions and inquiries from the press.
- Develop media-related materials, as needed, including press releases, pitches, talking points and Q&As, reactive messaging/holding statements etc. for external use;
- Identify and activate tools to track and monitor relevant IFC media coverage and public sentiment.
- Understand and be able to analyze IFC risk issues and in close coordination with IFC’s Risk and Public Affairs team and World Bank Group counterparts, develop approaches to help mitigate and ensure accurate communications with the media around these issues.
- Advise IFC senior leadership on media industry best practices and trends.
- In close partnership with the Managing Director’s office, work to position IFC senior leadership for media opportunities.
- Plan and oversee IFC press events (media/journalist roundtables and press conferences).
- Provide oversight over the dissemination of IFC announcements and manage/update protocols as needed.
- Develop and proactively pitch story ideas for the institution and senior leadership, securing media interview opportunities and managing the interview process, including the development of pre-interview briefs/messaging/coaching.
- Oversee creation of issue briefs, monthly corporate talking points for external and internal audiences, lines-to-take, and research materials for major IFC flagship events and convenings (e.g. IMF/World Bank Group Annual Meetings).
- Have oversight over IFC’s senior leadership editorial pipeline (blogs, op-eds, etc.) and ensure consistency in substance, and overall message alignment.
The Principal Communications Officer will be based in Washington, DC.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance with 12 or more years’ experience in corporate communications, international relations, public affairs, political science, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, a degree in Business Administration and/or working experience in Investment Operations will be valued.
- Big-picture thinker with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills while effectively maintaining a pulse on details.
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills and an ability to quickly produce quality, engaging, and crisp documents and presentations.
- Strong knowledge of and practical experience in a range of communications planning and implementation approaches such as, opinion research, media engagement, message targeting, and marketing communication.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to and interacting with members of the media, executive leaders, and a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with top-tier media on high-profile and or sensitive issues.
- Solid conceptual, research and analytical skills, with an ability to think strategically and rapidly synthesize information from varied sources into concise conclusions and recommendations.
- Familiarity with online writing techniques including writing editing for web and broadcast media.
- Demonstrated experience in persuasive writing.
- Ability to work under stress and to juggle multiple tasks on tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated willingness to assist others and perform whatever tasks are necessary to help the team achieve its goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent team player.
- Ability to deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Proven track-record in acting as spokesperson and getting stories placed in top-tier media.
- High levels of initiative, judgment, and decisiveness in accomplishing tasks; proven ability to work independently; good time-management skills and an eye for detail; ability to work effectively under stress and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Interest in international development issues and an understanding of how communications can assist key audiences in meeting challenges.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
WBG Core Competencies for all staff: Client orientation; Drive for results; Teamwork of collaboration and inclusion; Knowledge, Learning and communication; and Business judgment and analytical decision.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.