European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Operations & Service Management
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Vendor Manager is a key role within the Commercial and Vendor Management team providing oversight and good governance across 3rd Party Spend. The role works closely with the IT and Treasury Departments, to maximise value for the Bank across their spend portfolio and drive vendor performance improvement. The role involves managing a small number of key suppliers as well as supervisory management of the purchasing team, CVM reporting and Risk Management for the CVM team.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Support the Director, Commercial and Vendor Management in the continuous development of the Vendor Management Framework and the ongoing implementation of same.
- Identify suppliers from within their responsibility to be included in the supplier review program. As necessary design, implement and conduct supplier reviews and set continuous improvement and cost savings targets as appropriate and ensuring adherence to same.
- Act as the first point of escalation for any commercial and contractual supplier related issues; manage supplier related issues to resolution and conduct issue post mortems and track agreed actions to closure.
- Contribute/develop suitable Vendor Management Dashboards and reporting that accurately reflect actual supplier performance across a range of parameters for presentation to Bank senior management.
- Identification of cost savings opportunities and initiatives; influencing key stakeholders within the Bank to support the identified initiatives as well as (working with PODD as appropriate) negotiating the opportunities with the Suppliers.
- Proactively review in-life contracts to ensure, ongoing monetary commitments are included in the budget cycles, termination terms and contract expiry dates are proactively flagged to the respective contract managers for proactive review.
- Proactively manage the Supplier Risk on behalf of CVM, chairing monthly Risk Management meetings and liaising with other affected risk functions (e.g. IT Risk) and Ops Risk.
- Provide commercial support to all strategic and major projects, engaging with partner organisations as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Degree educated
- Relevant (Financial Services Sector) Vendor Management Experience including management of supplier risk
- Strong Influencing Skills up to senior management level
- Supervisory experience
- Strong Communications skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial information
- Good multitasker
- Familiarity with procurement tools preferably to include SAP
- Previous Experience of working as a Vendor Manager and/or managing complex supplier relationships
- Previous experience of managing Outsource Suppliers would be an advantage
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.